2004 Dynasty Door Strikers won't adjust

I have read both files on adjusting the entry door. My bottom striker is very loose while the top striker is very tight. Both strikers have a head. Neither of the strikers will either loosen or tighten with a 1/2 rachet or open end wrench. I have not tried a breaker bar or an heavy duty air rachet.

I have removed the door covering on the inside of the entry door to gain access to the back of the strikers. There is no access to the bottom striker without removing the sides of the entry step.

The top striker however has a custom plate which I assume has a tapped hole to accommodate the striker bolt. Picture attached. Notice the bolt thru the steel piece in the middle of the 2 welded pieces attached to the door frame. I am assuming the piece has a threaded hoke that the striker bolt us attached to.

Anyone see any issues in trying to use a breaker bar or heavyduty air rachet in trying to loosen/tighten the striker bolts?

Thanks fir any ideas.

20230526_124023.thumb.jpg.9993fcf500c3a676b3deaa26cf9b38fe.jpg

I don’t see any issue because that is how the bolt is put in. But I would recommend using some kind of penetrating oil and give it a little bit of time to work before putting that much force on it.

24 minutes ago, timaz996 said:

I don’t see any issue because that is how the bolt is put in. But I would recommend using some kind of penetrating oil and give it a little bit of time to work before putting that much force on it.

25 minutes ago, timaz996 said:

Thought the same, thanks