Plumbing Drain Questions - 2004 Endeavor

bonfield
Go to solution Solved by Dr4Film,

11 minutes ago, bonfield said:

2004 holiday rambler endeavor with a bath and a half does it have two black tanks or does it all go into one.Asking for putting chemicals in down the toilets

I have the same layout. Do you have trouble with your shower draining? I can’t seem to get mine to drain no matter how much work I do from above. Can’t figure out how to get to the plumbing to see if it can be taken apart. 

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

I have the same layout. Do you have trouble with your shower draining? I can’t seem to get mine to drain no matter how much work I do from above. Can’t figure out how to get to the plumbing to see if it can be taken apart. 

Have you tried a hair pick in the trap or a snake.  Be careful with the snake and don’t buy an industrial strength one.  You want it to be flexible enough to or into the PTrap. Don’t go crazy, but make sure that years of soap and hair and whatever sticks to your feet haven’t clogged the Ptrap.  That will be right under, I think, the shower drain.  Then, start with a little compressed air.  Make up a fitting or adapter. A shop towel tightly wrapped might work.  You aren’t pumping up a tire…just enough to dislodge.  Some folks have removed the aerator and put on a male garden adapter and then fed a small (1/2”) hose into the pipe with some really hot water.  If you use compressed air, set the regulator down to as low as you can get it and then see if that improves it.  

Finally some of the drain cleaners like Liquid Plumber the gel consistency and then a gallon or two of really hot (tap water) after it sits for awhile to flush it out.

My hunch is something is clogging and it should be NOT have to be opened up….no need for demo or major surgery…

• Like 1

Rodger, In the last driver's side compartment, that may be the power cord, there probably is a metal patch on the ceiling. That patch, when removed, should give you access the shower trap. The drain pipe runs on top of the floor to prevent cold weather access. The bad news is the drain pipe is glued all the way to the gray water tank. Try getting a snake that is long enough to reach the tank. The water and drainpipes run along the wall to the bedroom, then to the cabinet next to the fridge then down to the gray tank.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Edited by Gary 05 AMB DST
didn't finish post before sending
  • Thanks 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Plumbing Drain Questions - 2004 Endeavor
On 5/27/2023 at 2:23 PM, bonfield said:

2004 holiday rambler endeavor with a bath and a half does it have two black tanks or does it all go into one.Asking for putting chemicals in down the toilets

https://www.holidayrambler.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2021/08/2004-ENDEAVOR.pdf

OK....As Paul requested....title has been changed.  You have TWO tanks.  One is BLACK as in the Toilet. The OTHER drains go to the Gray Tank....the toilet is the ONLY one that dumps into the Black tank.

Water Heater (Gal.)* 10 ; Gray Tank (Gal.)* 60;  Black Tank (Gal.)* 39;  Fresh Tank (Gal.)* 95; LP Tank (Gal.)** 38; Fuel Tank (Gal.)* 100

The Black tank (toiler is 39 Gal; The Gray (all OTHER drains in the MH) is 60 Gal.

Does this answer your question? 

On 5/27/2023 at 1:23 PM, bonfield said:

Here is the link for the Sales Brochure for your coach.  https://www.holidayrambler.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2021/08/2004_Endeavor.pdf

Edited by Paul A.

Jeff, your toilet in the back is a macerator toilet. It chews up almost anything you flush. It liquifies waste because the waste line is basicly flat and stuff won't flow forward to the black water tank.  The only thing that will clog it is a dryer sheet and a unflushable handy wipe. Someone flushed a dryer sheet, Hmmm. Had to remove the toilet and disassemble the macerator. Be careful, I think that a new one is over $2000. A new toilet seat was $130 a couple years ago.

Gary 05 AMB DST