Front Drop Down TV Go Down but not Up

Go to solution Solved by Discover 17,

I was hoping someone out there could assist me with the problem we are having with the front drop down TV. Yesterday we lower the front drop down TV, but now we can not get it back up. We were using the inverter batteries for the refrigerator while we were working which may have depleted the inverter batteries that may of been under charged. (Maybe time to replace). We are now plugin to shore power and the power is showing on the Magna Inverter remote. There is a small hum noise when you hit the up button, however no lift. I believe that the buttons are commuicating with the Intellatec system (fuse is good in the back closet) and the humming noise when pushing the up button. I have used the manual gear to lift the drop down passed the lock postion in hope that this would allow the TV to lift back up. Now after some assistance, now both buttons now lower the TV to the full down postion. (Good new the motor works).  I have heard that double clicking the button twice will change the motion direction. (Can any one confirm this) and how quickly do you need to double click the button to get it corrected. I believe that the motor still in working condition because it will lower the TV. I have the information data and wiring diagrams on this, however looking for information before I dig in to it deep.

Hoping for any information or knowledge that can assist me.

Thanks,

2006 Monaco Signature Commander IV

Try turning off the house batteries disconnect switch for a few minutes. It may reset your multi-plex system. If that doesn’t do it, then there are two limit switches, one for up, one for down. Make sure those connections are good. They are also adjustable, make sure they are in the correct position and the lock nut is tight. Hope this helps.

Paul,

First of all thanks for the information. After reviewing Franks response we shut off the 12 volt systems in an effort to reboot the system. Problem now is we have no UP or Down motion, just the same humming noise we had before in the UP switch. We have check the electrical circuits on both the rear and front modules and all have power. We have four modules in the front cabinet, B, C, F, and not sure what the other one is, lable gone. 120 volts to the Power Tek Controller good. We are unsure which one is or where the Lift Control Module with the 4 pin conductor is as shown in the attached schematic diagram photo. We know the switch is commuicating with the module in the rear closet because we hit the switch and the light came on the module. We have engage the manual override and lifted the TV. Work both up and down. The motor was working before we rebooted the system. We are sure the limit switch are correct. 

Still stumpted. Any more suggestions or iteas would be appreciated before we think it maybe a module or motor replacement.

20230529_120457.thumb.jpg.80df8a241bc66d1f7103e5bde484033d.jpg20230529_120046.thumb.jpg.4267ff5d326225120c6117666cd4a42c.jpg20230529_120032.thumb.jpg.dfece4cfc6e471b2cfc64ef941bda8d2.jpg

Sounds like the motor is stopped on a bad spot on the armature. Have you tried rocking it back and forth while holding one of the buttons down? Mine has gotten stuck a few times in the up position and by rocking it gently it has freed it up to come down.  Have not needed to dig deeper into problem yet, as it has always corrected itself.

5 hours ago, Frank Bergamo said:

Sounds like the motor is stopped on a bad spot on the armature. Have you tried rocking it back and forth while holding one of the buttons down? Mine has gotten stuck a few times in the up position and by rocking it gently it has freed it up to come down.  Have not needed to dig deeper into problem yet, as it has always corrected itself.

Are there any pivot points or bushings that need lubrication.  Motors are funny.  If there are internal issues, driving it from one CG to another can make it work or not.

you need to find the input wires or harness to the motor.  Your cropped picture was not enough to follow the circuit.  If you can scan the page or have it scanned as a JPEG or JPG and post, that would help.

I had a case where it wouldn't come down.  I removed the trim and cranked it down.  Later I tried to get it back up.  At this one point I disconnected shore, turned off the inverter, flipped both house and chasis battery disconnects, waited 10 minutes and started powering back up.  Had motor humming but no movement.  Eventually determined the manual crank wasn't re-engaging the motor.  Took a bit of playing with it pushing and pulling the manual crank & trying the electric until eventually I got a solid snap feel and got it re-engaged and up/down worked again.

So after insuring the multiplex brain was rebooted & getting crank override re-engaged, it all worked.

YMMV

20 hours ago, Discover 17 said:

Paul,

First of all thanks for the information. After reviewing Franks response we shut off the 12 volt systems in an effort to reboot the system. Problem now is we have no UP or Down motion, just the same humming noise we had before in the UP switch. We have check the electrical circuits on both the rear and front modules and all have power. We have four modules in the front cabinet, B, C, F, and not sure what the other one is, lable gone. 120 volts to the Power Tek Controller good. We are unsure which one is or where the Lift Control Module with the 4 pin conductor is as shown in the attached schematic diagram photo. We know the switch is commuicating with the module in the rear closet because we hit the switch and the light came on the module. We have engage the manual override and lifted the TV. Work both up and down. The motor was working before we rebooted the system. We are sure the limit switch are correct. 

Still stumpted. Any more suggestions or iteas would be appreciated before we think it maybe a module or motor replacement.

20230529_120457.thumb.jpg.80df8a241bc66d1f7103e5bde484033d.jpg20230529_120046.thumb.jpg.4267ff5d326225120c6117666cd4a42c.jpg20230529_120032.thumb.jpg.dfece4cfc6e471b2cfc64ef941bda8d2.jpg

Ray,

I have seen many posts on this issue on social media. Lots of folks are installing a Televator behind the Curbside couch, and abandoning that flip down Tv. Pretty simple, and effective, but it has to meet your lifestyle in the coach. 

• Solution

Sorry this took so long to get back to you guys.

Finally after almost a week and half we have a resolve on the problem. I noted all the information on this post. I first traced down the Intelitec system that the pad buttons were talking to the Intelitec module in the rear closet. There are two different signals, one for up and one for down. When pressing the key pad, a green light should come on the Intelitec Module. One for up and a different for down. In the event there are no lights or only one that lights there is a Intelitec programing issue and reprograming would be required.

That all good, I then looked for the Lift Control Module. Our was found behind the TV. Removing the TV from the rack, then removed the front cover of the Lift Control Module. We trace that the Lift Control Module had 120 volt power for the Lift It motor, all good here.

Thanks to Paul A. I then called Darrel Henson at GTR Technologies. We then ran some test to verify the motor was still operational. This involves unpluging the power supply from the Power Tec 120 outlet in the front cabinet (shown in the photo above) and locating the power cable behind the motor in the attic space. Unpluging the three wires going to the motor. Providing power by an extention cord, blue is power and the other two, one is up and one is down. Motor is operational both up and down. This then directed us to the Lift Control Module board is the culprit. Order a new board for the Lift Control Module. Received the board after a couple of days. Installed it and no change. Bad board. Called Darrel back and they sent a new one out over night. Arrived the next morning and installed again. Sorry for the bad photo, they are the instruction send by GTR Technologies. Was quite a bit of work and you may need some assistance. This is plug and play install. All works well now-just need to put every thing back together.

Hope this all makes sense. Darrel was great to work with, super people.

LiftItControlModule.thumb.jpg.6e3161dd412c90c2de6b87ad6c37f3eb.jpg