FYI - Replacemet door seals for Norcold Refridgerators, etc.

1nolaguy

I contacted Norcold directly as I could not find any replacement door seals for my aging 1210. The old seals were deteriorating. Norcold advised that they do not carry replacement door seals for their refrigerators but that custom seals are available through a company called Cool Temp Refrigerators (http://cooler-gaskets.com/ (910) 270-0405). They can be contacted via phone or their webpage. Their physical address is 129 Hickory Point Ext; Hampstead, NC 28443 and they can even be contacted by text to place orders at 910-200-7183.

• Like 2

Their website won’t list Norcold so you have to call them. They make a kit to replace the gaskets. There is no catalog for them so they will give you instructions on what you’ll need to do to order. It seems that Norcold didn’t make all the same gaskets and doors the same even on the same model.  They quoted me $225. for the kit which included everything needed, instructions,and shipping for my 4 dr. 1200 LRIM .

Since I’ve already converted it to a JC Refrideration w/ 120v compressor three years ago , and it works so well, I’ll replace my deteriorating gaskets. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, birdshill123 said:

Norcold will sell you the doors with the seals. Around $100. Great customer service!!!

Wow, is that truth?  It goes against everything I heard before. Not that I need them but still interesting info.

Suggest one do some googling.  I found these (dated 2020) on the “Norcold” site.  I used model 1200 & 1210.

If you scroll down through the first few pages…the 1200 series seems to have a PN assigned, but very few gaskets available.  Depends on the door and color and serial numbers.  That confirms what Loel and Fasthobie (do you do bookkeeping and taxes….you sound like my kind of accountant….LOL) SAID.  Most are “grayed” out as no longer available.  

https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/PL_629700_1200_20200513.pdf

https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/PL_629923_1210_20200513.pdf

I also got curious and pulled the 1210.  There appears to NOT be any gaskets, only “liners” so I don’t have a clue….suggest one contact Norcold,  assuming you have the correct model and SN.  Feedback would be good here since a lot has been written over the years.

I have no idea what model the 4 door, paneled Norcold was in my previous Winnebago…..but it was recalled….as ii got several notices since I reregistered it to me when i bought it new….finally, got one, I think….do you still have??

I was told by an “authorized Winnebago dealer” that the door gaskets for my Norcold in the 2004 Winnebago were not sold individually and 4 new doors, or the one was the worst, would be needed.  Note.  This was, by model year, a 2 year old when I bought it in 2006 and the pesky “leak detection alarm” constantly went off circa late 2008.  Not a really good life….4 years….  But….it got traded….

There are many posts on the other sites…..as well as what was posted here, that the early to mid 2000’s models did not have replacement gaskets and we have had many that were creative and refurbished or salvaged them.

Need some comments on the kits and instructions and installation and results and such so @Frank McElroy can add to the Parts List…

Thanks