Exhaust cooker heat

Les Hurdle

If it doesn't have an external vent to move the fumes/heat out it just circulated in the cabin.  I have seen posts were people remove the convection/microwave and add the ducting to outside. 

I have a Koolmatic fan above my stove counter top and it does a good job of pulling the air through.  We use it all the time and in moderate weather does a good job of keeping the coach cool. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, very few of our coaches were built with the Sharp cook-top fan exhausted to the outside. Most of them are vented to the inside.

I had Elite in Harrisburg OR install an exterior exhaust outlet into the side of my Windsor. Then they rearranged the fan motor to blow the cook-top fumes out the side of the coach.

Our Dynasty has no exterior exhaust outlet so I've been thinking about having Classic Coach Works in Ormond Beach do the same to the Dynasty.

I ordered the vent from this place. They have two different sizes so you have to make sure you order the correct size for your coach and vent opening.

https://rvandmarine.com/?s=Black+Microwave+Oven+Vent&post_type=product&type_aws=true

Microwave Vent-01.JPG

Microwave Vent-02.JPG

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Like 1

Our 2005 Safari Cheetah stove vent vents back into the room, generally not an acceptable situation as it almost always sets off the smoke alarm. We have a Fantastic Fan in the ceiling that is about 6 to 7 feet from the stove vent. We have found that turning on the fantastic fan and the hood vent at the same time is pretty good at drawing stove gases and smells off the stove and out the coach. This of course is not the most efficient way from an electric use stand point, especially if you also have the A/C going. As a side note, we have found the use of an induction cooktop (https://www.amazon.com/Secura-9100MC-Portable-Induction-Countertop/dp/B00GMCAM2G/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=NOLUC52GTLI4&keywords=induction+cooktop&qid=1685909949&sprefix=induction+cooktop%2Caps%2C207&sr=8-2-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQUo4VFBPSUsxUUNCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzkxMjM3Mk1ROTROQkhVRjVETCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjg4NjE0UlNEOUhHUlRPSVBUJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==) helps significantly control heat and humidity from cooking, as will using lids on pots etc. Whenever we are on shore or generator power we go this route instead of the LP stove, which is 90% of the time.

• Like 1

We have the Sharp Convection micro, which had the recirculating vent with charcoal filter, it was ineffective.  We removed the micro, purchased a exterior vent with damper to keep bugs out, repositioned the fan motor to vent to the outside, works great and prevents the hot air from recirculating into the coach.  Our exterior vent is the same one as Richard Smith posted.

There is some kind of extraction at the back/rear/top of the stove but it only goes behind the couch ;-))

At this time wifey is against cutting oles n the wall etc............... perplexed.........

The noise level goes down with the exterior exhaust as well.