Dual Wheel Valve Extenders

Hi,  Has anyone here replaced the original dual wheel braided valve extenders?

I've talked to some tire places and they can provide/install a  valve with a rigid extender on the inside dual to go thru the hand hole in the outer wheel... they also can put a short valve turned out for the outer dual.  However I've seen some dualies which have a "stabilizer"  for the rigid stem which comes thru the outer wheel.  Some I've seen look like rubber in a circle. 

My '03 Dynasty has a "D" shape wheel hole; I've seen many Monacos which have these type.   Tire guys say they can replace valves and install the rigid extenders but none  have the "stabilizer" for our type wheel.   I looked in the parts list and find the link to Borg Tire Supply; parts list shows a rubber plug which looks like it fits those "D" holes... but link  doesn't work.  The Wheelmasters site shows extenders  but not those rubber plugs.  Other supplier suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 11:43 AM, Dr4Film said:

I installed the Borg valves in each wheel. They should carry the inside dual valve extenders stabilizers for your wheel. Just give them a call directly. They carry lots of stuff that is not on their website.

Borg is the only one piece valves that I will recommend.

Richard:  I looked at the borg valves.  They indicate that the DL4M kit with the 9" extenders is the correct kit for the Roadmaster/Monaco chasis.  Is that the kit you purchased.

Bob L, 08 dynasty

Bob

Yes!  That is the kit I installed.  The rubber stabilizers are a bit difficult to install.  I had to warm them first and then spray them with a silicone lubricant to get them installed in the wheels as they are a tight fit.  However, once installed, they have stayed in place and I have had no problems with them.  The  Borg kits are expensive, but they are good quality.

Richard

1 hour ago, Bobbyboy said:

Richard:  I looked at the borg valves.  They indicate that the DL4M kit with the 9" extenders is the correct kit for the Roadmaster/Monaco chasis.  Is that the kit you purchased.

Bob L, 08 dynasty

Bob,

Frankly I don't remember as it was over 10 years ago and I went directly to the Borg store in Tujunga CA as I was living close by at the time. The owner who was still alive at the time took care of me and came out from the back with everything I needed. I then went over to the Parkhouse Tire shop in San Fernando Valley to have the stems and a set of new tires installed.

I did have one small problem with one of the rear dully stems when the large size Dyna Beads would keep getting clogged inside the stem which wasn't supposed to happen. I went back to Parkhouse Tire shop and had them remove the stem, then drove over to Borg with it and they replaced the stem with a new one, no charge. That one gave me no problems whatsoever with the same beads for over 9 years.  I have since gone to Balance Masters on the rears and got rid of the beads as the price on the beads plus shipping from Las Vegas was almost as much as the Balance Masters.