No power to HWH control board or panel

I have  a 2006 HR Navigator 45.  We have had it parked for a few months with the battery kill switches off.  Upon going to get it today in preparation of a trip with our grandson this week, I discovered that the shore power to the coach had accidentally been turned off and the 2 AGM chassis batteries and the 4 AGM coach batteries were completely drained and dead.  These were replaced and everything works except for the HWH leveling systems.  Nothing will light up on the touch panel on the driver's arm rest .  There is no power to the HWH control module in the front generator bay (or no lights on the circuit board and fuses).  The master warning light and the reset switch in the roadside fuse bay are not lit.  I have done the following in an attempt to get the system working:

- Replaced the in-line fuses on the batteries in the battery bay.

- Replaced any fuse the was labeled LVL in the front roadside fuse bay. They are lit.

- Checked the rear fuse panel in the engine compartment.

- Parking brake is working and lit on the dash board.

- Coach is in Neutral.

- Slides work.

- Air system has 100-125psi showing on the dash gauges, when coach is running.

The HWH system is Model # AP30514/45-Jll AR/E

I'm not sure what to check now.  I have called the HWH Tech support, but they are running days behind, so I'm waiting for a call back from them.  I do not want to move the unit without the airbags leveling.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.  If nothing else, does anyone know of a mobile repair tech in the Aberdeen/Fayetteville, NC area?  Thanks.

Tom and Cynthia Freeman

2006 HR Navigator 45PBQ

I had something similar on a ‘04 Signature. For me the board in the left front run box had lost power to the HWH. A Tech ran power from one side of the board to the other and it worked. I now carry a spare board. Why this happened I have no idea. Good luck, I’m sure you will find the issue. 

I would double and triple check all battery connections.  Since all those batteries were replaced, maybe something wasn't hooked up right?  

• 1 month later...

I had trouble with my HWH power, the unit was getting power but not coming on.   HWH wanted allot for a new unit; I took it to an electronics friend that found a bad Power diode On the board, replaced it for .20 cents and back going.

Edited by granvillebarker

Tom

In the FRB on the bottom left side are four circuit boards that are grouped together that all look the same.The boards are numbered left to right. The top two boards are left board is 14 and the board to the right is 12. The bottom two boards are left board is 15 and the board to the right is 13.

On the bottom of board 13  on the lower right side there is a 10 or 12 Gauge white wire with a push on blade connector that is plugged into the bottom of the board and just above it is the fuse for the HWH Leveling system. That white wire is the power B+ lead that powers up the HWH  computers. Check the fuse above it and also remove and reinstall the push on white wire and hopefully it will fix your problem.

Also, when your HWH leveling System fails. When you start your coach and release the park brake and put the coach in gear, the coach will automatically go to ride height. That is the factory default setting for when the HWH Leveling System is inop.

Let us know how it works out.

If there are no lights on the computer, it isn’t getting any power. David Pratt’s info sounds accurate.

I have the same front run box in my 06 Dynasty. A couple of the 30a relays on the boards David mentions have gone bad over the years and supply power to the various systems . One is the Hwh, another the Vorad system and so on. Unfortunately the Relays are soldered onto the board. They can be repaired with care.

Anyway , with a voltmeter you can check for power there . There is one relay on the hwh computer that is normally open and gates ignition to the travel valves , so if the computer is off and not getting power, that relay is open and the ignition signal goes to the travel valves. So with the ignition switch on, check to see if you are at ride height . You should be good to go. 

It sounds like a front run box, power for the Hwh,  issue to me to. 

Thanks all.  I have had 2 techs troubleshoot the system and found one in OKC that seems to know what he is doing.  The problem seems to be in one of the 3 circuit boards.  I have 1 in the FRB and 2 under the livingroom slideout, hidden under the floor, accessible from a storage bay under the slide out.  The tech worked with HWH on trouble shooting until it was narrowed down to the slideout board.  HWH said it was unusual that it was there but Monaco did what they wanted with the HWH boards.  On the 3rd board there is a fuse that keeps blowing and it looks like on the board that there is a damaged diode or relay that can only be accessed by pulling both boards.  In my next trip to OKC in the Fall I will have the tech pull the boards and we can see what is going on.  If not HWH said to send them the boards and they would troubleshoot.  Hopefully the extended warranty will cover the costs.

I did check for a fuse in the D/S armrest but nothing there,

I will wait until we are back in town and then have the work done.  Airbags inflate for travel, I just can't use them to level, so I'm using the hydraulic jacks.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2003 Holiday Rambler, I have no power to the HWH touch pad, the travel light does illuminate. I found the control box and the 15 amp Battery fuse was blown, I replaced the fuse, but still no power on the touch pad, Park brake set and trans in neutral. Any help would be much appreciated as I called HWH and their tech support return call list is end of the year!

Edited by Mark Ogier

I had something similar in a 2004 Signature, it turned-out to be a cracked solder on the board that powered the HWH in the LF box, mine was upper left.  Power was not going across the board to the fuse, an RV Electrician ran power from the 'powered' side of the board to the non 'powered' side, it worked for me.  I bought a new board and will install it when I have time or when the 'fix' stops.  Check to see if you are getting power to those fuses.

• 3 years later...

TomFreeman56... Did you get the problem resolved.... if so what was the fix/problem? 

I have a 2006 Beaver that has a similar problem.... no power to the control panel... no lights on the control pad. I have reseated all the connectors. My air ride height works perfectly for travel when in gear and brakes are released.  I would appreciate any feedback as to what may have fixed you issue.

Thanks,  Gary T