Place to park in the for the winter

Looking for a spot to park for 6 months or so, somewhere 6/7 hours south of Twin Cities Minnesota,  would be travelling from twin cites and staying a week a month in the coach just to get away from work and maybe a bit warmer.

Any help be appreciated. 

Wayne

A straight shot south on I-35 from Mpls, MN for 6 1/2 hrs is Kansas City.  Average high temp in Mpls during Jan is 22 deg.  Average low is 6 deg.  By traveling to KC in Jan, avg high is 39 deg with an avg low of 21.  Not exactly the Riviera.  Long way to go for a measly +15 deg.  This is why approx 1/2 of retired Minnesotans head for the 'Valley' (Texas) in the winter.   Well, maybe I am exaggerating a bit.  😄

Minnesota native & left for more moderate climes in the late 80's.  A beautiful place for 6 months of the year, but you couldn't pay me enough to live there year 'round.  Ufta, I feel your pain.  Ya, sure, you betcha. 

Thank you Sandy

If you could imagine we are living 6 hours North of Twin Cities now, we are relocating to Twin cities,  just want a spot to leave the coach out of the snow and salt so we can have the odd weekend getaway,  we are both tri athletes and need our cycle /Run fix often other than indoor training.I see Kansas has many bike trails , I been looking at some of the long term sites, will be hit and miss unless someone knows of a  good spot where it can be left unattended.

Really appreciate your help

Once we get back to normal and whatever that would look like it will be left in Texas and aircraft to travel.

Thanks Sandy 

Wayne,

When you say "left unattended" do you mean unattended and secured?  I would not leave my rig in any campground without someone specifically tasked to check on it at least twice per week.  I think that you will find most campgrounds have in their fine print that they are not responsible for unattended RV's.  Gross negligence, yes, but the burden of proof is on you.  If I wanted to leave our coach unattended for more than one week, I would park it in a secured storage facility behind a high fence (cameras, keypad access, etc.).  Then there is the issue of critters getting into an unattended RV.  Bug are one thing, but as you know, rodents can cause thou$ands of dollars of damage to interiors and wiring.   Say your dicor on a skylight fails and you have water infiltration.  A day or two probably no big deal.  But weeks?  Can turn into a junk pile real fast.  It is not my intention to be a Cassandra, but point out vulnerabilities.  Best of luck in finding a secure place for you baby.  If Kansas City is your goal, there is probably a KC chapter of FMCA there that can steer you to some possibilities.

Sandy

Great comments,  thank you for the coaching ! No pun intended, we made the decision to leave the coach at our rental home in Twin cities until we actually go on vacation ,may not be this year but time will tell.

great forum, appreciate the comments

Wayne