AM FM Antenna

Oops, pulled the short extension antenna wire through roof of 2008 Diplomat 40’ PDQ.  Antenna wire not connected to longer extension from radio.  That helps explain why little to no reception.  Have ordered new antenna.  Have tried to fish wire through 1” hole toward side cap without any luck.  Antenna is over drivers side left  next to air horns.

i would greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have for threading the wire.  Can anyone describe or provide pictures of the MH structure in that area?

Do I need to remove cabinet over drivers head and pull back faux leather ceiling?

Are there other options to get better AM FM  reception with exterior roof antenna?  Radio has been replaced with current tech.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tony

Richard, thanks for responding.

I tried glow sticks,  metal fish, 10/3 wire to fish new antenna wire.  Walked away after no success.  Later this afternoon I tried the DEPSTECH  flexible camera  connected to my iphone.  Worked like a charm, first try.  Pull the AM FM antenna wire, Sirius XM wire, and left pull rope in event I need to do this again.  Radio now has better reception with XM coming in loud and clear.

Tony

• Like 1