2001 Windsor for Sale

Guest halwoodsvt

Guest halwoodsvt

Hi: 

My account doesn't allow me to ask a question of support, so this is the only place I know to ask a question.  

I have an 01 Windsor on an 02 chassis and I want to see whether anyone in the group might be interested in it.  It's not in perfect shape. After my heart surgery in 2015 I took one more trip to  Hilton Head and to Indiana and back here to Vermont.  I haven't been able to use it since.  It has needs, but if there is anyone in the group that might want to restore it to it's glory days, maybe it would be a good opportunity for a skilled motorhomes.  We both it new and loved it all it's days and now don't feel I can handle such a big rig.  I don't see a place to list it.  Should I be paying something for full access to this site? Or to create a listing?

Thanks,

Hal Woods

South Hero, VT 05486

halwoods99@gmail.com

802-233-3419

IMG_0142.jpeg

Hal,

Sorry to hear that you need to give it up.  Due to health reasons, we will be selling ours next year and maybe sooner than I think.  As to selling yours, you may get some responses on this site, but as much as I love this site , there is less 'traffic' these days and you would be better served by devoting your time to formulating a well-crafted ad on the two major internet sites, RVT.com and rvtrader.com.  Then there is the other site that begins with an 'i'.   If you don't feel you have the experience or inclination to put together a great ad, some on here would be glad to help.  I would like to be the first to offer my assistance.  Many people think that a few low res photos and a brief description or list of items is sufficient.  Nothing could be further from the truth unless you happen to be one of the lucky few who have a unique and highly sought after coach which has no 'issues'.  But a well-crafted ad is just the beginning.   You have to decide what items absolutely have to be replaced or fixed in order not to kill the sale before you even begin.  You also now need to decide how you are going to sell it.  Hand over the title after someone writes you a check or only after you have confirmation from your bank that you have received cleared funds such as a wire transfer?  How do you spot the scammers?  Which brings up the decision to advertise on Craigslist.  It is full of scammers (aka thieves), but many have sold their RV's there, including one of ours.  I have sold 4 RVs myself and each one was different.  Send me a private message if you wish to explore this further on a one-to-one basis.  Otherwise, I will try to monitor this thread and offer what I can based on your specific questions.

Agree completely with the above. The more pictures the better. Look at the ads on rv trader for ideas. 50 pictures is not a lot.  Don't be afraid to show the coach's flaws. They will be noticed anyway so don't waste anyone's time. We purchased our coach 800 miles from our home. No one wants to go that far without knowing pretty well what the coach looks like. You may get less traffic by posting many pictures, but those that do respond will be more interested in what you have. Don't emulate the dealers ads. They are more interested in 'getting you in the door' than selling a particular rig. Their ads are designed that way. ( Well, if the advertised rig doesn't work for you, we have others) Taking care to not get ripped off during a transaction is another topic of discussion. Most likely there will be no financing involved so be cautious about giving the coach up before the actual transaction is complete.....Dennis

Guest halwoodsvt

Thanks to both of you.  I'm working on my plus and minus list now, and there is a lot to remember.  Also have many photos, just wondering how to post them all.  I agree the more the better and leave no issue unreported.  

The more I write about all the additions the more I sort of regret letting it go.  But we need something smaller for more local camping here in New England and to get to a destination in the coldest winter months.  

Thanks for you input.

Hal Woods

Hal,

You’ve posted it in the correct place.  You can always contact a moderator though the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the webpage.

When you seek the coach and are ready to remove the posting, just message the moderators and we’ll remove it.

Regards,

Scotty

Guest Tim503

I read you bought it new so one owner? That means a lot. What are the miles and the price? Stored covered in a temperature controlled space? Tires have to be replaced everything else is standard maintenance depending on miles and services done to the engine. The rubber roof can be an issue and were there any water leaks or varmint issues? My double pane windows are failing on one side and they don't last forever. 20 years is beyond their design. Good luck.

Guest halwoodsvt

Yes, definitely one owner.  98,000 miles and I haven't suggested a price. It was not stored covered in a temperature controlled space.  It endured several northern winters here just south of Montreal, but more often in Hilton Head or points west as far as Arizona.  Bridgestone tires will be 5 years old in October, and only took one trip to Hilton Head and return in that time.  Front tires have the Tyron Bands since the beginning of their service.  Also the removal kit and many features. I'm preparing a document with all the upgrades, issues and must do items.  It has been more extensive than I thought it would be due to so many upgrades along the way. I keep thinking of things. But I want to be thorough. We are gathering photos too. Not sure how to make those available. No significant varmint issues, but a couple of water leaks over the years. I will detail those in my report.

Thanks for your thoughts.  

Hal

One of the easiest and most efficient way to post your info is to organize everything putting all the puff stuff into a great sounding ad that you can post. Keep it simple but interesting. Then, take all your photos and put them into a file hosting site like DropBox. Include the link on your advertising. The idea is to peak someone's interest without being too wordy and waste bandwidth. Remember, people have very short attention spans. Once you've hooked a fish, you need to ensure he stays hooked. You set the hook by having lots of pictures for them to view. Remember we shop nationwide anymore so potential buyers may be nowhere near your location. They will rely on your pictures to 'sell' them on the condition of your coach. Also whether there's anything that might be needed to make it be roadworthy or tailored to their wants/needs. Remember to offer to take extra pictures if there's any areas they question. From your post above, I'd want to see the underside to see if there's any salt damage to the undercarriage. Also, since you spend time at Hilton Head, I'd wonder about the roof and any salt air damage....hope this helps....Dennis

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2020 at 3:40 AM, Sandy Swede said:

Hal,

Sorry to hear that you need to give it up.  Due to health reasons, we will be selling ours next year and maybe sooner than I think.  As to selling yours, you may get some responses on this site, but as much as I love this site , there is less 'traffic' these days and you would be better served by devoting your time to formulating a well-crafted ad on the two major internet sites, RVT.com and rvtrader.com.  Then there is the other site that begins with an 'i'.   If you don't feel you have the experience or inclination to put together a great ad, some on here would be glad to help.  I would like to be the first to offer my assistance.  Many people think that a few low res photos and a brief description or list of items is sufficient.  Nothing could be further from the truth unless you happen to be one of the lucky few who have a unique and highly sought after coach which has no 'issues'.  But a well-crafted ad is just the beginning.   You have to decide what items absolutely have to be replaced or fixed in order not to kill the sale before you even begin.  You also now need to decide how you are going to sell it.  Hand over the title after someone writes you a check or only after you have confirmation from your bank that you have received cleared funds such as a wire transfer?  How do you spot the scammers?  Which brings up the decision to advertise on Craigslist.  It is full of scammers (aka thieves), but many have sold their RV's there, including one of ours.  I have sold 4 RVs myself and each one was different.  Send me a private message if you wish to explore this further on a one-to-one basis.  Otherwise, I will try to monitor this thread and offer what I can based on your specific questions.

I too love this site since getting on here this year, but when we sold our old rig, a bumper pull toy hauler, RV trader got us not one call but two days on Facebook Market Place and it was SOLD.

• 2 weeks later...

@halwoodsvt,

I agree with above as far as placing ads and pics.  I'd suggest Facebook marketplace and there is a Monaco coaches for sale group on Facebook too. We bought ours locally off the side of the road bc we saw a for sale poster in the windshield.