Jump to content

How do I edit a post that I have posted?


rvtips
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, rvtips said:

There must be a way to edit a post that the poster has posted?

This is a test on editing this post but it looks like just a reply. Ill have to find my post and do the same Phillip.

When I posted this reply a edit link came up and I added this.

Edited by shortround94
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Phillip, you can edit your post directly AFTER you had posted it most likely for some "period" of time. But once that time limit has expired you lose that ability.

There is an "EDIT" selection at the bottom of your post to accomplish that task. All you do is click on it. Make the changes you desire and then click SAVE. There is also a block to input the reason for your editing.

Exactly like how the iRV2.com forum is run.

Edited by Dr4Film
To demostrate the EDIT button.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well maybe you should create a new post .” Edit Test”. Then go back in short intervals at first and try to edit. If u r able to edit, Edit 1- 5 minutes thru whatever till u cannot edit. That will give us all an idea of how much time before we can’t edit anymore. 

Edit 2 for me - 2 minutes

Edit 3 - 4 minutes 

8 minutes ago, shortround94 said:

Well maybe you should create a new post .” Edit Test”. Then go back in short intervals at first and try to edit. If u r able to edit, Edit 1- 5 minutes thru whatever till u cannot edit. That will give us all an idea of how much time before we can’t edit anymore. 

Edit 2 for me - 2 minutes

Edit 3 - 4 minutes 

Not able to edit after 5 minutes 

Edited by shortround94
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rvtips said:

It was the next day?

OMG, the next day!  Phillip, I am assuming this platform does not allow for an unlimited amount of time to edit your post. I don't know what the time limit is but my guess would be 15 minutes or less, certainly not hours or days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Editing days later -  good catch.

Scotty and I will look into that.  Our setting shows that editing is available for only up to 5 minutes after posting.  We will need to find out why that is not working properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, guys! 90 minutes should give members PLENTY of time to decide whether their post needs to be edited or not.

However, I and one other member posting in this thread was able to edit posts within the 5 minutes that was previously set up for this site so I believe it was working.

It just wasn't long enough for others. One member was attemping to edit their post the next day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Thanks, guys! 90 minutes should give members PLENTY of time to decide whether their post needs to be edited or not.

However, I and one other member posting in this thread was able to edit posts within the 5 minutes that was previously set up for this site so I believe it was working.

It just wasn't long enough for others. One member was attemping to edit their post the next day.

It worked for me till the 5 minute mark

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Scotty,  is there a reason why there has to be a time limit for allowing a posting to be edited?  Just curious is all.  I posted an item for sale and then wanted to add something to the description a couple of days later and discovered there was no way to edit it.  Not a real big deal this time though.

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was hoping to be able to set this differently by Forum (i.e., you can edit classified ads forever, but not motorhome discussions... etc.), but this is a system setting that affects everything.

I have removed the time restriction for editing; I don't think it practical to have to involve a moderator to edit posts... especially classified ads.

I don't *think* this will be an issue, but if it is we'll change it later...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scotty Hutto said:

I was hoping to be able to set this differently by Forum (i.e., you can edit classified ads forever, but not motorhome discussions... etc.), but this is a system setting that affects everything.

I have removed the time restriction for editing; I don't think it practical to have to involve a moderator to edit posts... especially classified ads.

I don't *think* this will be an issue, but if it is we'll change it later...

Scotty

I agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...