Any drone enthusiasts here?

MSHappyCampers

10 hours ago, Keith Moffett said:

I think I am missing something here.  Have the rules for drone pilots changed?

No flying near a flight path, within 5 miles of an airport, near a St. Park, In a National Park.  Most campgrounds and RV parks also ban them.

I have a Mavic Pro.  I bought it at Christmas and before better weather in spring the rules changed so it has never flown.   Have the rules changed again recently?

There is an app for that.

It will show your location abd the areas where and where you can't fly.

Campgrounds have their own rules.

Air space is free so you can take off from outside and flier over.

Oh I am sorry, yes is like you have a driver's license but you don't consider yourself a driver.

FAA want to know who the Drones belongs to. Is like DMV wants to know to who a vehicle belongs. They don't care who is driving it. Until you crash it.

I forget that many fly toys drones. So if you fly a toy drone what you are?

Never mind.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

Mike, all my pics are when the coach was parked so the slides etc are out. I've never thought about getting a shot underway. How soon do you need it?....Dennis

No real rush Dennis.  I don't need the coach in motion as I create that in my software.  With the slides in would be best but even if they're out I think I can crop them out and at the small image size I'll be using in the end I doubt it would even be noticeable.  High resolution and sharpness would be a bigger factor.

• 6 months later...

I'm looking at the DJI Mini 2, but the Mini 3 is expected out soon, and is rumored to include obstacle avoidance and follow-me capability.

Looking for something to take overhead shots of my race car on track, and other motoring and RV related uses, plus, the small size makes it easy to carry everywhere.

• 2 months later...

I have  a EXO Drone  less than 300 with a 1 yr crash warranty  works pretty good and takes great pictures. Have to be careful at the house because we are a stones throw from our  local  puddle jumper airport.