Screen in dash quit working

Hopped in the RV last week and my in-dash screen for the backup camera and the Aladdin quit working. The red light next to the power switch is red at all times, but nothing on the screen no matter which way the power switch is located. I tried adjusting the brightness and contrast, and tried different inputs, and still nothing. 

I have the Sony unit pictured in the attachment.

I had this happen on another coach and it turned out that the house batteries were dead. That may be the case here, but I'm confused why the power to the monitor comes on. Possibly the monitor is powered off the chassis and the Aladdin and backup camera need house power?

EDIT - I just noticed the power LED might be green here, mine is now staying red at all times.

aladdin.JPG

Edited by Rob and Amy Harper

Rob,

I have a Weldex monitor that failed and it was easy to test to see of it was the monitor or not.  Plug in a small tv and run the RCA wires to the TV, if you see your info, the your monitor is out.  Call Tim at rvcams.com  and talk to him.  He knows these systems well and can help you troubleshoot and guide you for the fix.  

Thank you for the lead. I'm still planning on putting the RV on the market and I want everything to be perfect for the new owner. It's at the tire shop right now, I had new tires installed and they forgot to put back on the pass through stems from the inner duallys. 

23 hours ago, Rob and Amy Harper said:

Hopped in the RV last week and my in-dash screen for the backup camera and the Aladdin quit working. The red light next to the power switch is red at all times, but nothing on the screen no matter which way the power switch is located. I tried adjusting the brightness and contrast, and tried different inputs, and still nothing. 

I have the Sony unit pictured in the attachment.

I had this happen on another coach and it turned out that the house batteries were dead. That may be the case here, but I'm confused why the power to the monitor comes on. Possibly the monitor is powered off the chassis and the Aladdin and backup camera need house power?

EDIT - I just noticed the power LED might be green here, mine is now staying red at all times.

aladdin.JPG

I have a Giselle with the same Sony screen. I’ve had this happen when the house batteries were discharged. I believe the voltage must be above a certain level for the green light and screen to come on.   My shop left the batteries on accidentally. After driving about 20” it came on. 

• 1 month later...

It wasn't plugged in. It is a long story, but let's say it's been to the body shop because someone hit it at the park - this took months to resolve, then it had to go to the tire shop, which took 6 weeks. I did not show either of these people how to disconnect the batteries while it sat, my fault.

Edited by Rob and Amy Harper