Roof AC

Tell me what I do not know about the new Dometic AC's. I had one installed replacing my rear (bedroom) AC on my 2007 Dynasty.  They had to sell me a control board so that my old 5 button Thermostat would operate the new Rear AC in the bedroom and the existing one located in the center.  If I replace the center or 3rd AC now will I need to remove the  new control board and hook up or will I have find the control board that came with the new AC and put it back in?  To clarify a bit, I do not know if the new Control board replaced the existing control in the new AC or was just added to the new AC.  I did not receive the control board if it was replaced.  

Thanks for help with this.

Herb

You should not have to purchase a new control board so the new unit will work with the Five Button thermostat. If I am not mistaken, I am sure someone will correct me if I am Wrong. You can remove the control board from the old unit and install it the new unit.

The control board inside the new Dometic AC's only work with the new CCC-2 Thermostat.  Dometic sells a conversion board to put into the new AC's so it will work with the old style 5 button thermostat. They should have given you the new control board to use later when you finally upgrade to the new CCC-2 thermostat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

The control board inside the new Dometic AC's only work with the new CCC-2 Thermostat.  Dometic sells a conversion board to put into the new AC's so it will work with the old style 5 button thermostat. They should have given you the new control board to use later when you finally upgrade to the new CCC-2 thermostat.

Thanks for the information.  That is what I figured.  No, they did not give me the board, I assume they kept it.  I will be calling them now to see if they still have it.

15 hours ago, herbstark said:

Thanks for the information.  That is what I figured.  No, they did not give me the board, I assume they kept it.  I will be calling them now to see if they still have it.

Most definitely get the new control board they removed. It is just a matter of time when you will be replacing another uint. The new 10 button thermostat is very nice and coupled with the new air conditioner units gives you three fan speeds and individual room temperature readings. The 10 button thermostat will use the same RJ-11 phone cables the old one did so the only major modification is a mounting hole for the new thermostat. If you have that new board they took out of the unit just installed you can re-install it at the same time a new unit is installed along with the 10 button thermostat.

3 minutes ago, Bob Nodine said:

Most definitely get the new control board they removed. It is just a matter of time when you will be replacing another uint. The new 10 button thermostat is very nice and coupled with the new air conditioner units gives you three fan speeds and individual room temperature readings. The 10 button thermostat will use the same RJ-11 phone cables the old one did so the only major modification is a mounting hole for the new thermostat. If you have that new board they took out of the unit just installed you can re-install it at the same time a new unit is installed along with the 10 button thermostat.

When I called the service department of the RV service shop and explained about the board, I could almost hear the manager laughing about me thinking they might still have the board.  I explained that the board was my property and they should have returned it to me.  It may require a letter to the owner of the company.  I bought a new class A motorhome from them, and most recently had them replace the AC in question and gave them a job to repair the rear quarter of my Dynasty.  This was about a 10K job.  So I am not a stranger to them.  

1 minute ago, herbstark said:

When I called the service department of the RV service shop and explained about the board, I could almost hear the manager laughing about me thinking they might still have the board.  I explained that the board was my property and they should have returned it to me.  It may require a letter to the owner of the company.  I bought a new class A motorhome from them, and most recently had them replace the AC in question and gave them a job to repair the rear quarter of my Dynasty.  This was about a 10K job.  So I am not a stranger to them.  

Good luck Herb.