No interior lights working

jfasano88

John 2009 Camelot kfq 

please let me know if this is the right way to post

my interior lights are not working. The wall indicators are all on and flicker but I have no lights on and vent fans are not working either is the water pump. I did not turn on the button for the back lights but they are on and flicker on and off 

I do have the tank monators working and I have ac power but no 12 volt power inside. All my exterior 12 volts are working. Also my slides are working. Is there a reset button somewhere or do I have a short in the system

john f 2009 Camelot kfq 

John,

First, locate your Battery Cutoff Solenoid.

Second, Bypass it by combining the large RED or BLACK cables from one side and attach them to the other side.

The correct solenoid is NOT the Battery Isolator Relay Solenoid BUT the Battery Cutoff Solenoid.

Review your 12 VDC electrical diagrams for its location.

Depending on the year and model of coach it could be in a variety of locations.

Mine is located in the Rear Run Bay aka RRB.

Edited by Dr4Film

Your salesman solenoid may look like this. I got two of them . Notice how they are bypassed by the black cable. You should have power to at least one of the big post on the side of it, against good schassis ground. If you measure 12V on both of the posts, the solenoid still works. If it has power on one post but not the other, either your switch up front is flipped or the solenoid is bad. If you have no power on either one, check the main  big battery switch, might be OFF or bad. Assuming your house batteries are connected and somewhat good. Under normal conditions, the small purple wire on front of the solenoid would be grounded through the front battery cutoff switch (salesman switch).

IMG_2817.JPG

PS: I have a solenoid like that in the front run bay as well but that one is controlled by ignition switch so, just in case, don't confuse them and do not bypass that one😎

Edited by Ivan K

I had to go to pa for a week and left my motorhome home in my driveway. When I returned home I went to the motorhome and turned on my interior ceiling lights on and everything was working no flickering and all lights worked. God must be on my side. I still don’t know what the problem was but everything is working fine. 
thanks again for all the help. I love the Monaco site so much information and expect advice. Saves me money every time I post a problem.

thanks again

john f 2009 Camelot kfq