Putting Riser Under Toilet

jimmcpheters

In our 2008 Dip 40 PDQ, there is a wooden channel next to the toilet that I need to remove a piece of in order to have room for the riser, i.e. available floor space is too narrow. Does anyone know what is behind there, wiring, tubes, hoses.?  I only need about an inch or so of additional space to have the riser fit just fine. I am planning to use a hole saw to remove a section of the wooden channel. I know the water supply line behind the toilet comes through the wooden channel at the back of the toilet. 

Jim McPheters

08 dip

Jim
Probably plumbing. Sink drain?

• 3 weeks later...

As it turned out, there was almost nothing inside the wood channel. Water lines from sinks were inside it for a few inches, right next to the outside wall, but they went down to the grey water tank almost immediately.  I injured nothing cutting out a section nearer the toilet to get the riser to fit.  Of course after I reinstalled everything,  the water valve at the rear of the toilet started leaking so I removed the toilet again,  installed a new valve,  reinstalled toilet and all is well. 

Jim McPheters 

08 Dip 40 pdq