There is a metal shroud that bolts to the radiator/CAC stack and then there is a cross support that bolts to the shroud and the fan motor assembly bolts to the cross member.   I attached a parts page showing how it attached.  I think most of the side radiators have a similar configuration, at least in this time frame, with different sizes based on engine size.

1 Engine Fan Cooling.pdf

On 8/11/2020 at 7:18 PM, Chargerman said:

I will be needing to replace the radiator in my 2006 Executive with a Detroit 60 Series Engine. I know I’ve seen a company that makes them on a forum but I’ve done a search and cannot find anything. If anyone knows of a reputable source for a replacement radiator please let me know. Quality is most important to me. 

Thank you!

Steve

Steve contact Active Radiator  they have multiple locations yhey manufacture and distribute for the truckers Big  trucks n Motorhomes and can also install a new core onto your aluminium radiator with a 1 yr warranty. Check site for nearest location  and call them did mine 2 months ago I did the R&R they do not do the R&R

WWW.activeradiator.com

8 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Thank you 

My radiator is not aluminum. I’ve confirmed that just the radiator weights 340lbs. Crazy!  
I have placed an order for the radiator with RSH. 

How did you arrive at the 340 lbs for the radiator? I have trouble accepting that the radiator alone weighs that much. Maybe the entire assembly with the radiator, CAC, and air conditioner condenser does. If it does weigh that much it is one hell of a radiator and would require a pallet jack to handle.

Edited by Bob Nodine

RSH told me the weight when they were looking into if they could reduce the price. This weight does not include the CAC or oil cooler. Not sure if it includes the shipping crate. Even so that would mean the radiator is around 300lb. The tanks on this radiator are made from plates steel that is bolted to the core about every inch or so. My son cam over yesterday to help me move it outside with a hand truck as I could not safely lift an end of it to get it vertical. Going to be unite a job to get the whole assy back in position for install. 

Spent the day yesterday wire brushing everything I could in the area of where the radiator mounts. Noticed a couple pin holes in the exhaust elbow so out it came. Looks like a new exhaust system will be installed also. I have a Series 60 Engine. Anyone know where I can get the exhaust pipe that comes off the turbo and goes under the engine?  I bought the muffler and other pipes I’ll need last night. If I can’t find this one I’ll have a friend who  this kind of work fabricate it. 

1025227A-54C9-4268-B68E-DCD5524D2097.jpeg

Steven,

Years ago I replaced my entire exhaust system.  I got the pipe and parts from a local trucking supply house.

The only thing I reused was the stainless tailpipe.

They also helped match the proper flange and clamp for the turbo outlet.

I got rid of the muffler.  The turbo quiets it down a lot.  Up front you can hardly tell the difference, and I'm not concerned about a little noise going down the road.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:03 AM, Chargerman said:

Spent the day yesterday wire brushing everything I could in the area of where the radiator mounts. Noticed a couple pin holes in the exhaust elbow so out it came. Looks like a new exhaust system will be installed also. I have a Series 60 Engine. Anyone know where I can get the exhaust pipe that comes off the turbo and goes under the engine?  I bought the muffler and other pipes I’ll need last night. If I can’t find this one I’ll have a friend who  this kind of work fabricate it. 

1025227A-54C9-4268-B68E-DCD5524D2097.jpeg

Check out dynaflexproducts.com.  I had a 525 ISX in a 07 Executive i did the following changes to the intake and exhaust components. I replaced the OEM air cleaner with one from AFE, which had a washable filter element and more CFM capacity, same micron spec. Next i replaced ALL the pleated intake hose with rubber fittings and aluminum tubing from intakehoses.com. That's what truckers use. Got rid of all the air friction in the intake. Next was a resonator to replace the muffler from dynaflexproducts.com. Largest MFG. of class 8 truck exhaust components in the U S A. Did not like that so i went straight pipe. . Here is a picture of the results on a screen shot of my Aladdin system. Performance was great and my average CRUISING MPG went up. I cruised at 1350-1400 RPM, 61-62 MPH.

Paul A

zpfile001.jpg

Thanks guys. I thought about changing the muffler but I think I’m going to stay stock. Don’t want to risk going the low restriction route and then not be happy with the additional noice it would make.

Edited by Chargerman

Chargerman

I'm following this because i'm going to be doing the same thing  soon. I know i'll be needing the CAC. Plus looks like my transmission  cooler is in the radiator.  Hopefully later. I appreciate how detailed you have been with pictures and places where you have made you purchases for parts. Please keep us up to date 

27 minutes ago, Busnut said:

Chargerman

I'm following this because i'm going to be doing the same thing  soon. I know i'll be needing the CAC. Plus looks like my transmission  cooler is in the radiator.  Hopefully later. I appreciate how detailed you have been with pictures and places where you have made you purchases for parts. Please keep us up to date 

I pressure tested my CAC and all is well with it. Just ordered all of the parts I will need to fabricate the new exhaust. USA Truck Pipe had everything and the pricing was good. Shipping is a killer though. I want to get the exhaust done prior to installing the radiator since the access to the Turbo side of the motor is great without the radiator and fan assembly in place. 
  Also, finished the two coats of POR-15 on all of the rear framing members. Now just have to do a coat of Rustoleum over that. While I’m in there I noticed some pretty poor wiring, hydraulic line and fuel line routing by Monaco. I will be cleaning up and securing as much as possible while it’s open. I will post a few pics tomorrow

Well, finished up the painting. Ugh. Just have the fan assy to clean up and paint but that cake compared to working under the Coach paint for two days. Radiator is shipping today. Hoping the exhaust components ship soon as I will get that done prior to installing the radiator assembly

2BF64344-ADE1-41FF-B9D7-6032EAD422F1.jpeg

Fan assembly taken apart, cleaned, POR-15 and Rustoleum and reassembled. Need to get a couple new fittings but besides that ready for install. Radiator still not shipped yet. They have been loosing production time due to the Oregon wildfires. Exhaust components arrive tomorrow so that fabrication can begin. 

478BF2AE-4A44-4F10-B5D8-934F25957DCB.jpeg

I noticed on the fan assembly that one of the hydraulic connections doesn't have any type of cap to prevent contamination.

Worked in mining for +30 years and learned that contamination is one of the worst ways to fail an hydraulic system.  Last project I worked on I had to dismantle the backhoe boom on my tractor to repaid a failed weld.  I ordered enough caps and plugs for every hose I had to remove.  Cheap insurance.

All of my new exhaust components have arrived so the fabrication of that begins. Meanwhile, the new radiator has been shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Weight of the shipment is 352lbs. So that confirms that the radiator is somewhere around 300lbs.  Will have to raise the Coach up an additional 12” or so. To get the assembly in without tilting it. I’ve make up a hose to connect to the front air line to raise the suspension when I’m ready. I’ll post a few pics in the next few days

It would be hard to dig a trench in concrete 😂. I will never depend on the suspension. I made blocks some time ago to put between the frame rails once the suspension is at its highest point to secure it. I will add more blocking under the tires first and then raise the suspension if needed when the assembly is ready to be installed. Thanks for the tip and concern!

• Like 1