Aladdin monitor replacement

Steven P

When we bought our coach, there were just lines on the Aladdin monitor and I couldn't see any information or cameras.  When researching the Aladdin system and that it may have failed I contacted Silverleaf.  The tech thought it may be my monitor and even said, "I'd love to sell you our system, but I'm not convinced you need it."  Then I contacted rvcams.com and talked w Tim. He sent me a replacement monitor and later some cables and it works well.  The only issue was mounting it bc it was larger than the original.  I bought Commando velcro strips and mounted it over the existing hole and can easily remove it for access behind it. 

20180926_131420.jpg

20181229_153525.jpg

20181229_150058.jpg

• Thanks 1

Joel, this is the one I ordered from them.  I'm not sure if we would have the same monitor or not.  If you have yours, contact Tim and give the number.  If not, maybe it's on your build sheet?

http://www.rvcams.com/p/WDRV-7063M-R.html

Before I ordered it, I took a small TV and hooked it up to the Aladdin system and that confirmed the monitor was out.  You can also buy new cameras, cables, etc.. from them.

Edited by Steven P

5 hours ago, Steven P said:

Joel, this is the one I ordered from them.  I'm not sure if we would have the same monitor or not.  If you have yours, contact Tim and give the number.  If not, maybe it's on your build sheet?

http://www.rvcams.com/p/WDRV-7063M-R.html

Before I ordered it, I took a small TV and hooked it up to the Aladdin system and that confirmed the monitor was out.  You can also buy new cameras, cables, etc.. from them.

Find the Aladdin main controller.  On some coaches it is located behind the dash gauges.  On the side of the controller are RCA video out jacks.  Purchase a TFT 4 inch 12 vdc monitor that has RCA video in jacks.  Run a video cord with RCA jacks on both ends between the units for a screen with the Aladdin display on it.  The joy stick will toggle all the information on the TFT screen.

Send me your email address and I will send you a picture of my application on my 2004 Windsor.  jbee99807@gmail.com

Chuck B

Edited by Chuck B
Wrong pdf