No brake lights

Guest ReneeL
Go to solution Solved by Guest ReneeL,

Guest ReneeL

We located the black fuse box marked brake lights and switched it with another one and still no brake lights. 

2009 Monaco Camelot 42kfq 

we hear air when brake it depressed and can hear it making a clicking sound in the fuse box but no lights. 

Any suggestions?

A7629CB3-3080-4980-BF1F-FBB4F3093EB1.jpeg

Actually the 2 switches are both NO configuration and are wired in parallel, one for the primary air system and one for the secondary air system. I had to replace both of mine, they had both failed, my first indication is that my cruise control would not disengage every time I hit the brakes. Here is a picture of the switches I used to replace the original Nason switches.

IMG_5501.jpeg

I am not saying this is your issue but I experienced this in the past and it turned out to be a bad ground. The solution was to clean the ground lead and the area where it is bolted to the chassis. After cleaning and sanding I applied Noalox (also can use dielectric grease) to terminal and fitting and tightened down for a good contact. Worked for me.

Good thought, mine were definitely the switches, it would depend on how fast and hard I applied the brakes if they worked. Disconnected the switches, jumpered the connector and they worked every time.

Edited by DennisZ

• Solution
Guest ReneeL

Thank everyone for their words of wisdom.  It was the magic in changing the 81 fuse and it’s all back to working properly.  We thought it was the relay but thankfully just a tiny fuse.