Inverter gone dead

inventor1949

Hi, I had this unusual phenomenon and wonder if anyone else have encounter.

One day last month the inventor and the control panel in the cabin went blank no lights inventor not busing that went on for 10 days +/- But all systems were working as if nothing had turned off, I figure if the battery's dint drained just leave it alone. Then all systems back on again without my intervention, fixing anything as if nothing had happened is bean working fine for a month and today as I am typing all went down inverter and control panel off and again everything is working? Any direction or opinion thanks

Thinks change after turning the generator on to see if I still power and the inventor was still off then back to shore AC now the system is on again but this time the invertors LED indicator light is red and blinking constantly red and the RC6 control panel shows bulk charge and the battery volts 14 v my house battery's are also 14v

Need more info troubleshoot…

What Inverter do yoou hav

Sorry for the typo-

What inverter do you have?

There usually is a communication cable (like a telephone cord)between the control panel and the inverter.  The connection could have corrosion.  You could spray the cable connector ends with electronics cleaner.  Un-plugging and re-plugging it at the inverter and control panel a couple of times to exercise the connections.  That would be a place to start.

JJ

I am not familiar with the RC6 control panel.  However, I saw it in the operators manual.  I have the RV 3012 with the RC7 control panel.  The 2012 is listed in my  manual along with the RC6.  It says that the RC6 has the ability to turn the inverter off and on so the cable might be the cause. If the inverter was still working when the RC6 went dark that could be a communication cable issue. 

Have you checked you batteries with a volt meter to see what the resting voltage is with no load on them and also what the voltage is when the inverter shows its charging.  When resting for a couple of hours after a charge they should read at or above 12.5 volts-12.8v would be fully charged if they are in acceptable condition.  When charging the voltage should work its way up to 14.1 to 14.4 volts.  If your batteries are weak that could cause the inverter to shut off.  Have you cleaned the battery connections lately? 

I am enclosing a pdf of the manual for you.

JJ

RV3012_owners.pdf

Ok the batteries test 14v and on RC6 showing the same voltage, I disconnected the phone like jacks are clean and the inventor dint not turned off by disconnecting the jack, the state of the invertor now is working ok, green light and all green on the RC6. now the question I am left with is? why the inventor and the RC6 went black for 4 days will the lighting was not affected? and again for 2 days after that incident. 

From what I understand you have not had a failure of the inverter itself doing its job-just a problem with the display of the Rv6 going blank.  That leads me to think its the Rv6 that has an intermittent issue. That is better that the inverter not working.l!  You may need a replacement for the Rv6 in the future. 

All the Best,

JJ

14 hours ago, jjroxus said:

From what I understand you have not had a failure of the inverter itself doing its job-just a problem with the display of the Rv6 going blank.  That leads me to think its the Rv6 that has an intermittent issue. That is better that the inverter not working.l!  You may need a replacement for the Rv6 in the future. 

All the Best,

JJ

Thanks