Neptune Headlights and Night Lights

Agpopp

Getting ready for a trip and one of the items on the list was to take care of the dim headlights on this thing.  If anyone remembers, I lost my headlights due to a brand new faulty headlight switch from Advance auto after the original one was providing no dash lights back in April.  

To help with this situation,  I tapped onto each headlight ground with a tap splice and added a secondary ground to the chassis on each side. I then added a relay to power the headlights by cutting the outbound power from the switch and rerouting. Lastly I went to install some new Silverstar Ultra 9007 and was having an easy go until I went to remove the connector from the drivers side bulb.....stuck...like..glue.  I had to cut the harness,  get back in the truck and pick up a new 9007 connector. Splice and heat shrink etc.  

Looks like they used silicone to seal the original connector and it melted all down inside and glued the two together.  I couldn't even get it apart to bench autopsy! Going out in a minute to see if my work paid off. 

Also on my list was some sort of patio lighting.  I've gone back and forth with led light strips and thier location,  and them remembered how bright and useful one blue led marker light was under the bed slide on my Grand Design 5th wheel I had before.   I was able to find a 10 pack cheap and have decided to put them under the coach along the baggage floor support rail.  Just one was illuminating the entire front of the coach when I hooked one to the cig lighter.  They are only 3/4 inch and so far I'm impressed.   I'm hoping to knock this out tomorrow so I'll update then.

Here's a few pictures for reference  

20230628_113834.jpg

20230629_203538.jpg

20230629_203556.jpg

20230629_203608.jpg

20230629_203824.jpg

• Like 1

Had a chance to tinker the last couple days and got the lights working.  Used a piece of 1/16 angle to mount to the support rail rather than drilling.  Used crimps with hear shrink, loom and  mount style zip ties.  Took power from the under step light that is wired to the entry step and porch light and cut it off completely.

I put 6 lights down the coach under the baggage doors and one on each side of the step. 

I'll take a night pic tonight. 

20230703_100731.jpg

20230703_095032.jpg

Turned out pretty sweet!  These lights were only 10 bucks for 10! I have two more and thinking maybe put them along the front? Should bring just enough light to the campsite. 

20230703_220609.jpg