Aqua-Hot Fuel Pump Replacement

• 2 months later...

On 11/15/2023 at 5:04 PM, zmotorsports said:

If your Aqua-Hot has more serious issues and needs more than just an annual maintenance routine, this video may be for you as it shows a deep teardown and replacement of components all the way to the fuel pump and blower bearings.

Would you be willing to speak with me on the phone? If yes, please feel free to text or call 850-879-2611

21 hours ago, FunTripsUSA said:

Would you be willing to speak with me on the phone? If yes, please feel free to text or call 850-879-2611

I just text you.  I have a few minutes if you want to talk.

Warm pump motor.  AquaHot switch is off however the element switch is on in the coach.

Fuel dripping from the air intake and all over the AH tray

Melted wire on the fuel pump

Removed Burner and here is a look at it in the light.

Combustion chamber. 

I hope you guys tell me I can clean that up.  If you say my AH is shot my heart will sink into a black hole lol

Random pics I took to make sure I can put it all back together correctly.  Especially, the wiring!

Thermostate Wiring Still 3.jpg

Thermostat Wiring Still 2.jpg

Thermostat Wiring Still 1.jpg

Red, Orage 2nd Relay bottom screw.jpg

WOW, that combustion chamber is nasty.  I think it looks like it is surface carbon and as long as there aren't any holes in it then it should be savable.  I have used those small brass or stainless-steel brushes to clean them before with great success.  The kind you get from a welder's supply house, then use a shop vac to suck up the debris before reassembly.  Looks like you will have a lot of fuel cleanup required as well in the bottom of the pan.  That should be easily sucked up with paper towels or shop towels though.  Should make for a nice clean pan in the enclosure after though.  😜

As for the melted electrical connector, that is actually for the fuel solenois and not the blower motor.  Was the connector loose?  Did it come off easily?  If so, I would either crimp the metal connector a bit so you get a tighter connection on the spade OR replace that particular connection with a new one.  I have not seen one of those wire connectors melted like that before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zmotorsports said:

WOW, that combustion chamber is nasty.  I think it looks like it is surface carbon and as long as there aren't any holes in it then it should be savable.  I have used those small brass or stainless-steel brushes to clean them before with great success.  The kind you get from a welder's supply house, then use a shop vac to suck up the debris before reassembly.  Looks like you will have a lot of fuel cleanup required as well in the bottom of the pan.  That should be easily sucked up with paper towels or shop towels though.  Should make for a nice clean pan in the enclosure after though.  😜

As for the melted electrical connector, that is actually for the fuel solenois and not the blower motor.  Was the connector loose?  Did it come off easily?  If so, I would either crimp the metal connector a bit so you get a tighter connection on the spade OR replace that particular connection with a new one.  I have not seen one of those wire connectors melted like that before. 

Mike, Thank you for the hope about the combustion chamber has potential to be ok.  I will get several wire brushes and a shop vac and  get to cleaning and vacuuming.  

Melted electric connector was connected very well to the pin.  It was not easy to get it off.  I had to rock it left and right and pull away from the pin it was connected to.  The fuel pump was just shy of being HOT when I took off the connector.  I'm not sure why it was hot. Maybe it was hot b/c the hot water heater element works very well.  Maybe the tank had all the components in the combustion chamber toasty? I don't know.

When it comes to the burner I'm thinking about buying all the same parts you did in your video and just replace pretty much everything since diesel fuel is all over the components in the burner.  

• Like 2