Park Brake light stays on when Brake is activated. 2006 Dynasty.

Posted (edited)

This happened to me a year ago and then "fixed itself".  Now it is back.  Brake is released and brake light will constantly flash while moving.  The first time I asked I was advised a pressure switch could be the issue but the next time I drove the coach the light would go out. I have been on two other trips without issue.   I see what might be 3 pressure switches in the front bay shown in photo.  There is no switch near the on/off air valve and I do not see one under the dash area yet.   Any thoughts appreciated. I have looked in my manuals and electrical schematic book but have not found help there. Coach is 2006 Dynasty. 

20240507_200726.jpg

20240507_200740.jpg

20240508_132152.jpg

Edited by rustykramermetalfab
forgot info.

• rustykramermetalfab changed the title to Park Brake light stays on when Brake is activated. 2006 Dynasty.

The pressure switch on the right in the lowest photo looks similar to the Nason switch mounted on the bottom of my park brake valve.  You may be able to test it by disconnecting the wires and/or connecting the wires to simulate the switch opening and closing.  You can go on the Nason website to see if they have a similar unit.  I have an 05 Endeavor and the switch comes with a pigtail and connector.  It looks like yours has terminals.

On 5/8/2024 at 7:36 PM, Larry Laursen said:

The pressure switch on the right in the lowest photo looks similar to the Nason switch mounted on the bottom of my park brake valve.  You may be able to test it by disconnecting the wires and/or connecting the wires to simulate the switch opening and closing.  You can go on the Nason website to see if they have a similar unit.  I have an 05 Endeavor and the switch comes with a pigtail and connector.  It looks like yours has terminals.

Larry Do you think that the switch I am looking for should only have two wires? one to each terminal?    The switch on the far right has more than that. 

There are two other similar that have only one per terminal they are blocked by the convoluted wire protectors. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this issue.  I was able to peel the foil part number sticker from the switch and flake off Monaco's paint.  I tested the switch with no pressure and the terminals are connected. This is correct according to Nason for the part number this is.  I cleaned the switch terminals and all the wire ring terminals. I need to test if it will disconnect with PSI applied. I plan to set it up to Bench test. If that disconnects I will need to search for another pressure switch.