Unknown Plug

Guest Timothy

Guest Timothy

I am replacing my Direct Tv Kvh Trac Vision5 in-Morin antenna and my Direct Tv Winegard Traveler. When I removed the cover for the R5 I observed this plug and about 15 feet of wire. Does anyone know what this is or what it may have been pre wired for. I am assuming that is a Monaco part #. It also had a date sticker of 05-30-2006. I am thinking about cutting it off as obviously I have never had need of it in the 13+ years we have owned the coach. I remember having to deal with it when I installed the R5 but didn’t take the time to find out what it was for or I did find out but can’t remember. Thanks, Tim 2007 Monaco Camelot

F128584C-293A-418A-A491-BADF5F069892.jpeg

67C770C6-DD86-4014-931B-53213223FC31.jpeg

8038B930-DBEF-4640-8FD4-31391CDA3182.jpeg

Your welcome Tim. I had a similar decision to make when I replaced my front overhead TV. There was a 15 pin video cable running from a cabinet near the kitchen table to the TV. I needed the space through a couple of ports to run new cables. In the end I just took it out of the TV mount area and coiled it up. I doubt I will ever use it but, you never know..

Remember the dullest pencil is better than the sharpest mind. Maybe just label it and forget it if it's not compromising your new install.

Jim

2007 Dynasty Queen IV

Guest Timothy

Thanks Chuck, I ended up just getting rid of it. As I stated in a prior post, whatever it was for it would be out 3 or 4 generations old technology just like the 2 satellites I am replacing. Tim