2009 Dynasty rear slide...roller?

2 hours ago, ken.knutson100 said:

Does anyone know if there is a roller in the middle of the passenger side rear bedroom slide? Mine looks like it’s bowing down in the middle to the point where it’s rubbing on the screw heads and rivets and the frame of the slide. Can I jack up the slide a little to get at the roller if there is one? 

9907B76C-1F8E-4A22-965F-0123B8CEDC08.jpeg

20D81DAC-1272-4B63-ACBB-F65BFF18DF48.jpeg

CALL eliternr.com. Experts.

Paul A

The support rollers are positioned to bear the weight of the slide box on the unprotected fiberglas bottom of the box.  Over time the rollers started to cut through the Fiberglas on my 2009 Dynasty.  The guys at Elite RV in Harrisburg, OR fixed the problem by installing stainless steel “slider plates” on the bottom of the box for the rollers to run on.

Ken Stender

On 9/30/2020 at 5:33 PM, stenderken said:

The support rollers are positioned to bear the weight of the slide box on the unprotected fiberglas bottom of the box.  Over time the rollers started to cut through the Fiberglas on my 2009 Dynasty.  The guys at Elite RV in Harrisburg, OR fixed the problem by installing stainless steel “slider plates” on the bottom of the box for the rollers to run on.

Ken Stender

This isn’t a problem with the other rollers. It’s a problem with the middle one in the picture that sits in the aluminum channel. The slide is sagging in the middle. I did take the facia board off on the inside and noticed the roller was not touching the aluminum channel is sits in. And it was sitting more diagonal than straight up and down. It does have an adjustment on it. I jacked up the slide and realigned the roller and adjusted it up so it was in contact with the aluminum channel so hopefully that will help not make it sag so much and now I’m able to get the seal to not get caught on it on the bottom of the slide. But I will have to replace that bottom seal. What kind of a job is that to do? 

CF487C08-938B-4632-83D7-4BC0BA33DC88.jpeg

FF675106-9F1A-4760-8E40-DCF8641052A1.jpeg

To further clarify my previous post, it is my understanding that the major weight of the bedroom “dresser” slide box is carried by the two black rollers that run against the fiberglass bottom of the box. These rollers are about 4 or 5 inches wide and are spread out at about the quarter points of the slide box.  If you will lift the slid box slightly the rollers can be adjusted upwards, which will thereby relieve some of the weight on the center guide roller. I think that the primary job of the center roller is to keep the slide box positioned fore and aft.

Ken Stender