old site discusion

Although I can no longer read or reply to  messages at  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Monacoers/conversations/messages I have recently received  four  posts/messages/questions, via email,  from (monacoers-noreply@yahoo groups.com)... the old Monacoers Yahoo group...(1 yesterday... 3 today)....Two were posted by Nate Atwood, ( nathanjamesatwood@gmail.com )... one by Bud K , ( De budleekam@aol.com)...one  by  John Van Doren,  (johncvandoren@gmail.com

1.) How, (why), is that possible??

2.) Why are these "Group Email Addresses" still here on the Monacoers Yahoo Group info page: ( https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Monacoers/info )?

Edited by Mel S - '96 Safari

Mel

The Yahoo Monacoers Group no longer exists. When you log into the Home page you get the notice that the site is no longer accepting posts or Memberships. It is only an Email site.

In the upper right corner of the Home page is the Icon for mail. when you click on the Icon it will take you to your email page. Any emails that you have saved prior to the site closing done will still be there and you can send and receive Emails like any other email site. Depending on how you set up you email account to send and receive emails anyone posting and sending an email you may get the email and you can respond to them.

Hardly anyone is monitoring the site and I have left it up so that any late comers who go to the site will get the message we have moved and have the instructions on how to log into our new site.

Eventually, sooner than later, I will pull the plug on the site and it will go away. I want to leave it up to give those Members who have not signed in to our new site the opportunity to do so.

Unfortunately some members have not paid attention or read the instructions and will post in an email thinking they are posting to the group, which they are not.

So, if you are receiving emails from some of these members try to educate them as I do and let them know they have to go to the monacoers.org web site and sign in to get help with their problem.

2 hours ago, David Pratt said:

Mel

The Yahoo Monacoers Group no longer exists. When you log into the Home page you get the notice that the site is no longer accepting posts or Memberships. It is only an Email site.

In the upper right corner of the Home page is the Icon for mail. when you click on the Icon it will take you to your email page. Any emails that you have saved prior to the site closing done will still be there and you can send and receive Emails like any other email site. Depending on how you set up you email account to send and receive emails anyone posting and sending an email you may get the email and you can respond to them.

Hardly anyone is monitoring the site and I have left it up so that any late comers who go to the site will get the message we have moved and have the instructions on how to log into our new site.

Eventually, sooner than later, I will pull the plug on the site and it will go away. I want to leave it up to give those Members who have not signed in to our new site the opportunity to do so.

Unfortunately some members have not paid attention or read the instructions and will post in an email thinking they are posting to the group, which they are not.

So, if you are receiving emails from some of these members try to educate them as I do and let them know they have to go to the monacoers.org web site and sign in to get help with their problem.

David Pratt
Thanks for the explanation.
FYI  for me the Monacoers Yahoo group no longer works as an Email site, (or in any other way).

BTW I just now sent the following email message to  both Nate Atwood and John Van Doren, (the two individuals from whom I have recently received  Monacoers Yahoo Group email messages):
I suggest you post your "Monaco related messages" here: monacoers.org ....( because  monacoers.org has completely replaced the former Monacoers Yahoo Group).

Edited by Mel S - '96 Safari
  • Like 1