Bill,

I think Mark at BlueFire-LLC has extension already made for the adapter. He also recently improved the BlueTooth reception, so you might give stock location a try.

Pat

5 hours ago, cpat_39 said:

Bill,

I think Mark at BlueFire-LLC has extension already made for the adapter. He also recently improved the BlueTooth reception, so you might give stock location a try.

Pat

yes, extensions are available from a link on BlueFire's web.  It's a 3rd party supplier.  But those are for the 9 pin.  The 3 pin extension (that's what I'd need it I left the 9 pin in original place), isn't a BlueFire issue.   It's a engine/transmission data issue.  I'm not even sure where to source those.

FWIW, Mark at BlueFire was actually the one that told me he had his doubts the single would get through the floor and the walls.   That was one of the reasons I just moved the 9 pin up to the drivers section, besides the 3 pin wouldn't reach anyway.

Edited by windsorbill06

Please keep me posted on your success or lack thereof with BlueFire. 

35 minutes ago, cpat_39 said:

Please keep me posted on your success or lack thereof with BlueFire. 

overwhelming success now that I have the J1939 on the 9 pin.  This new IPad is also picking up the altitude.  I don't know if I'll ever have the 'perfect' layout, however.  Here's a picture of my 'night driving' display before I updated it with a rotating compass and the altitude.  It's running on the IPad Pro.

IMG_1489.jpg

• Like 1