Post pillar covering

The vinyl(?) cover on the drivers side post, between the windshield and the drivers fixed window has come loose.  It is the heat that causes it to expand and separate.  I can't see how the the think snaps in and locks or what holds it in place.  Has anyone removed/replaced one of these coverings?  There are wire looms and what looks like the drain line from the front A/C that runs down in that channel that is covered by this piece.  I just can't see how/what keeps it in place.  Thanks.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

13 minutes ago, woodylmiller said:

The vinyl(?) cover on the drivers side post, between the windshield and the drivers fixed window has come loose.  It is the heat that causes it to expand and separate.  I can't see how the the think snaps in and locks or what holds it in place.  Has anyone removed/replaced one of these coverings?  There are wire looms and what looks like the drain line from the front A/C that runs down in that channel that is covered by this piece.  I just can't see how/what keeps it in place.  Thanks.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Commandingly called "J posts or Columns"  Ours just kinda snapped in place. Try placing a few WHITE velcro tabs to hold it in place.

Thanks, I'll have to come up with something.  Trouble is I can't get my eyes on what exactly held it in place originally.  I see no tabs or the like that might snap into something.  Pretty sure the sun caused it to get warm and expand since it is a bigger gap in the afternoon than the morning.  I got to get out at first light and see if I can see something from the outside. 

I guess for fun I could call REV.  Lol.

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV