Devils Tower NM RV park

jacwjames

I am currently at Wind Cave NP in SD and am headed toward the Devils Tower NM.  This is a spur of the moment decision and I just looked at the website and it says RV's are limited to 35'.  Mine is ~40 and I'm pulling a Jeep. 

Has anyone stayed there with a longer rig. 

I plan on leaving early Thursday and assume I'll be there ~9:30-10 based on my GPS info.

If I can't stay at Devils Tower CG is there a campground close.   I know that the parks near these attractions command $$$ which if it is a nice park I don't mind paying for.

Thanks in advance for any quick responses.

This is a follow up and FWIW

I arrived ~9:30AM on 7/1/2021 and the campground only had a hand full of campers ranging from tents, small vans, TT, 5th wheels and a couple smaller Class A's.

There is no mention of length at the check in station.  Sites are first come first serve and most are pull through with some pretty large.  I had no problem parking my ~40' with toad in a spot. 

Later I asked the CG host and he didn't even know there was a length limit listed on the website.  He said as long as you fit in the spot without blocking the one in front or behind its OK.  I was there for 2 days and there were a couple large Class A's come in. 

• Like 1