Rack & Pinion slide

Wrayj1

Our rack and pinion bedroom slide with the bed in it is making a screeching noise when it is deployed and retracted.  I lubricated the track and rail from outside as well as pulled the cover under the bed and lubricated anything that could need lubrication.   Everything looked in order under the bed, but after lubrication I still have the screeching sound. 

Has anyone had this issue on a 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ floorplan and if so how did you resolve the issue?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray, Lin & Gwinny the 16 yo Mini Dachshund

image.thumb.jpeg.b5948c752657857caa8f65119da5fc3b.jpeg

Bed box removed.

Gary, thanks very much, that is exactly what I needed to see.  Are the rollers accessible by taking the bottom out of the bed storage box?  I'm thinking that I may have 14 years of dirt, debris, and other crud that needs cleaning, a little lubricant or worst case roller adjustment.   Are the rollers adjustable? I see you are from or are in Ashland, Or.  We're north of you at Woodburn.

Thanks,

Ray

2 hours ago, Wrayj1 said:

Gary, thanks very much, that is exactly what I needed to see.  Are the rollers accessible by taking the bottom out of the bed storage box?  I'm thinking that I may have 14 years of dirt, debris, and other crud that needs cleaning, a little lubricant or worst case roller adjustment.   Are the rollers adjustable? I see you are from or are in Ashland, Or.  We're north of you at Woodburn.

Thanks,

Ray

That picture is not my coach. I found the pic so I would have an idea of what I was in for when I remove mine. The bottom on my box needs some plates installed to protect the wood bottom. I pretty sure the bottom is attached from underneath. I don’t know if rollers are adjustable or not.

PS: Howdy neighbor!!! We are actually up by Howard Prairie Lake, 20 miles east of Ashland.

1 hour ago, Wrayj1 said:

When you pulled your box could you see the rollers by removing the bottom of the storage compact in the bed box?

I haven’t pulled mine yet. The picture was of someone else's. I looked at mine and the box bottom looks to be assembled from underneath.