40DST Front bathroom Light/Fan

Rodger

I bought this unit in October.  The previous owner had installed two battery powered lights with wireless remote switch on the wall.  The factory overhead light and the vent fan did not work.  When I checked the light and switch panel, no 12v present.  I checked the fuse panel, for that bathroom it listed F9 as the fuse for that location and the fuse was good.  After tracing wires as best I could with no luck, I just gambled and stuck the fuse on F8 which did not have a fuse and showed on the list to be open and I saw a spark jump and heard the fan come on.  I assume this has been this way since the unit was assembled in 2004 and the previous owner or the dealer installed the wireless battery powered lights.  I am not sure I would have found it were it not for the fan switch just happening to be selected on.  

I noticed the list at the fuse panel showed two others to be open that has fuses, and the same number has no fuses that show to be for something.  Either the wrong list was posted or somebody who assembled it was just random on connecting to particular fuse locations.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this particular model?  I just wonder what else is incorrectly connected.

It's amazing how many things don't work from the factory. We bought our rig in 2016 and have fixed at least a dozen items that were incorrect from the factory. The 2 previous owners lived with the issues or were unable to get them fixed. One issue is so poorly designed that it will never work. From what I've heard from owners it's even worse with new rigs since the industry melt down in 2008.