Solar connection

Georgia Mike

I installed a Morningstar solar system in my Dynasty. I have the Dual bank controller located in the last compartment next to the battery bays. I looked high and low for the factory RV 45d but couldn’t find one so I figured it never had it. The reason I was looking for it is because on the Aladdin screen it shows Solar charging status which is confusing. Does anyone know how I would tie my solar system to the Aladdin system?

F940F89A-9CA1-45B0-AC35-32F82ADA63AC.jpeg

The Aladdin system for solar has a dedicated control unit and sensors, induction coils that you'd have to source then wire it all up. Would not be an easy job. If you are close to an rv junk yard that would help. If your rv didn't have the stock 100 watt panel then I doubt they installed any of the Aladdin solar stuff. All that stuff was located in the bay roof under the frig, that's where they routed the wires from the panel down from the roof. Someone just posted a list of stuff for sale and there was some Aladdin parts on the list, check the classifieds, maybe you'll get lucky.

When I upgraded the stock 100 watt solar all I had to do was extend the wiring for the sensor since I relocated the stock charge controller much closer to the batteries.

I will admit it is nice having the monitoring function.

Thanks Don for the info. I did have an old solar panel on the roof it looked original and it went down to the refrigerator compartment to a tiny little controller. Here is a picture of it. I just reused the wire that looked like romex but it is stranded heavy gauge cooper. If it never had Solar from the factory then why is the line showing up in the Aladdin system? Maybe they all have that?

F4EBC750-2874-437F-8739-5C6A6CB6D159.png

If it had solar from the factory then it should be set up with the Aladdin. Trace the wires going from the old charge controller to the batteries to find the Aladdin sensors. On my coach everything was located above the bay removable overhead panel between the frame rails. I'm sure it varies from model to model. The amperage induction coils are easy to find, the voltage pickups should be wired to the old charge controller. Hope this helps.