Coolant Temp Lights Up Low Air

Got a good one for you guys, came hole from Myrtle Beach yesterday and ran into some traffic on the fancy gap, so we took the detour up the mountain on 52. Coach did fine pulling my Ram 1500, I just took it easy.  

At the top the temp started to climb  a bit, which is no big deal because the sender monaco used for the gauge reads 3/4 hot as soon as its warmed up, and the PO spent money having the temp verified at cummins on the engine side. So it doesn't take too much to make the gauge move. The wire happened to break off the sending unit on the way down (oil pressure sender too interestingly enough on the trip as well...bad crimps) When I went to repair,  I noticed one of the 2 wires was intentionally unhooked, so I replaced both. 

Now, back to the climbing, when I got to the top I started to hear a warning buzzer starting up and when it lit...it was for low air! ( air was good, around 110) 

So my question is, was that warning chime intentionally used for the temp warning too? There is no overheat light on the dash so I thought maybe they doubled up. I was able to get it to do it on another double hill climb to verify.  Just thought it was strange but not surprised after owning this for a little while. 

Now, I did notice on big climbs that the air compressor does not seem to build pressure on hard uphill pulls, so as I was driving and thinking, I was wondering if they have something in the ecm that opens the governor to take effort off the engine?  

At any rate I'm fully aware the gauges do not actually work with the engine. But, I'll still keep my eye on things. 

My Silverleaf gives accurate readouts of my ISL400 engine temps.   Consistenly, at 215 degrees an alarm quietly goes off.  If I reach 220, it's loud.  225 alarm plus Check Engine Light.  230 the Stop Engine Light comes on.   As the engine cools, the reverse happens.   It might be the same audible alarm as my air pressure, not sure.

Edited by bklaes
clarity

To make myself clearer,  the low air light AND chime came on. Maybe backfeeding from the shared chime.