Low fuel light

I've been working on a list of bugs on my motorhome.  My latest one is the low fuel light that came on last year after less than 50 miles after my fill.  It went away after several miles but it came back permanently and has remained on after multiple fill ups.  I replaced the Centroid fuel sender gauge several years ago.  Could it be my problem fuel once again?

Gary B.

2002 Windsor PBDD

I haven't had that problem, but I was interested, so I did a google search.

There's an IRV2 thread here:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/low-fuel-light-on-after-fill-up-383284.html

Apparently the fuel sender has 4 wires, one of which is to the low fuel light.  The recommendation on that thread is to clean the wires with Brakeclean so you can see the colors of the wires and then clean the connection to the low fuel wire.

Dwight

Dwight, the information you provided me from the irv2.com  site was helpful in determining the reason for the Low Fuel light being lit continually.

It appears as though there is an internal problem with the Centroid fuel gauge.  I'm not ready to replace it yet so I have disconnected the wire to the unit.   No need to warn me that my fuel is below 1/4, since I never let it get much past 1/2 tank.

Thanks for the info!  Now onto the next item on the list.

Gary B.

2002 Monaco Windsor PBDD