Can not find 12v fuses for Norcold Refridgerator

1nolaguy

When I took out the Norcold 1200 to install a 120v residential refrigerator there were two pairs of 12v DC wires (2- red and 2- white) that I disconnected and left in the rear of the cabinet. The wires must have shorted out as they show no voltage. I am guessing a fuse is blown. I also am guessing they are on a stand alone circuit as I can find no other 12v not working. I have looked in the House 12v panel and also in the chassis panel (bay below driver's seat in front road side but can not find a circuit labeled for this or a blown fuse. I have also checked all the 12v electric schematics  I have down loaded and can not find a reference for the Fridge 12v. Any assistance would be appreciated as I want to use these lines if possible.

Is your fridge in a slide-out?  Mine was, and I found a loose molex connection where the fixed wiring goes to the flex wiring to the slideout.  It was under the false bottom of the cabinets under the dinette table.  Under the subwoofer, if I recall correctly.  So not a fuse, but rather just a bad connection.

Edited by johncvandoren@gmail.com
Grammar

John, The fridge is not on a slide. It is mounted above a furnace. As I recall the original Norcold had the 4 12v lines connected to the circuit board (CB). Two may have been incoming current and the other two (small gauge) might have been 12v current from the CB to another connection down stream.

5 hours ago, 1nolaguy said:

John, The fridge is not on a slide. It is mounted above a furnace. As I recall the original Norcold had the 4 12v lines connected to the circuit board (CB). Two may have been incoming current and the other two (small gauge) might have been 12v current from the CB to another connection down stream.

I found that Monaco “hid” three or more fuses in different places.  One on the 12v panel below the main 120v CB panel in the rear bath, one in the front run bay beneath the driver’s seat, and one on the Norcold circuit board.  There was also a 120V tube-type fuse on that board for the electric heater elements, in addition to one CB labeled “Refrigerator” on that main 120V CB panel.

Good luck!

Edited by johncvandoren@gmail.com
Spelling

David, good suggestion. I tested the wires grounding to the furnace body (metal housing) as I assumed it was grounded. I will run a ground wire direct from the chassis and test out each wire that way to see if any has 12v.