Replaced Marker lights with LED's

cpat_39

Recently replaced all marker lights with Bargman #59 LED lights. Total of 12 lights. Yesterday the 20 Amp fuse for the markers blew. My research says the LED bulbs are about 10-15% lower voltage than the older incandescents.  Other than wiring issues that I still need to explore any thoughts on why fuse would fail?

13 hours ago, cpat_39 said:

Recently replaced all marker lights with Bargman #59 LED lights. Total of 12 lights. Yesterday the 20 Amp fuse for the markers blew. My research says the LED bulbs are about 10-15% lower voltage than the older incandescents.  Other than wiring issues that I still need to explore any thoughts on why fuse would fail?

Pat C

It has to be a wiring issue because 12 replacement 12 volt LEDs use 85-90% fewer amps than the 12 12V incandescents  they replaced.

21 hours ago, cpat_39 said:

I replaced all my lights with LEDs and have had no problems with any fuses. I would look at each marker lights wiring and connectors. Make sure that nothing got pinched or damaged.