120VAC route

The 120 volt wires as most of the wires coming from the rear distribution panel are going out into the rear cap.  The overhead wires going to the A/C's and outlets in the cabinets go through the roof structure and then down into the cabinets.  The lower runs like the inverter go through the chassis runs that are in the frame.  Depending on the coach design, there are no wires in the walls.  The upper end coaches with the bonded walls are designed in this manner.  I.E. Imperial, Windsor and up.  The Knight up until about 2010 has fiberglass in the walls and some of the power comes from below or above. The outer walls are bonded to the studs in the assembly process after the interior cabinets are installed.  There aren't many wires running along the walls.  Thus, the inverter 30 amp feed is most likely going into the rear cap from the distribution box.  I have had mine open on my 2000 Endeavor and all the wires went out into the cap area.  I sealed the opening before going to Alaska in 2001. I know my rear bedroom outlet comes up through the cabinetry as I rewired a light switch.  The wires are then put in looms and run forward.  The TV comes up through the windshield A pillar.

Guest Ray Davis

On my 03 Windsor PST I developed an elect problem of no power to my kitchen slide.  Using my tone wire tracer didn't help much as I detected signal everywhere.   I tore into junction boxes, receptacles, and cabinets searching for an open circuit or whatever.   It wasn't until I realized my TV wasn't working and decided to look into it that I realized that my power went first to the front cap ( TV ) then over to the pass side and finally to the slide.  What the xxxx , who would run a circuit that way and why would they do that.   Well Monaco did and I suppose they had a reason but it sure seemed counterintuitive to me.    I found the problem behind my front TV in a junction box for several circuits up front.  I believe now that since all junctions must be accessible, Monaco decided this was the best us of wire and fewer junctions.

Interestingly an owner of a similar coach over on IRV2 was experiencing the same issue.  When I told him what I found he was able to repair his too, right in the same area, junction box behind the TV.

Edited by Ray Davis

1 hour ago, Larry Laursen said:

The 120 volt wires as most of the wires coming from the rear distribution panel are going out into the rear cap.  The overhead wires going to the A/C's and outlets in the cabinets go through the roof structure and then down into the cabinets.  The lower runs like the inverter go through the chassis runs that are in the frame.  Depending on the coach design, there are no wires in the walls.  The upper end coaches with the bonded walls are designed in this manner.  I.E. Imperial, Windsor and up.  The Knight up until about 2010 has fiberglass in the walls and some of the power comes from below or above. The outer walls are bonded to the studs in the assembly process after the interior cabinets are installed.  There aren't many wires running along the walls.  Thus, the inverter 30 amp feed is most likely going into the rear cap from the distribution box.  I have had mine open on my 2000 Endeavor and all the wires went out into the cap area.  I sealed the opening before going to Alaska in 2001. I know my rear bedroom outlet comes up through the cabinetry as I rewired a light switch.  The wires are then put in looms and run forward.  The TV comes up through the windshield A pillar.

Larry,

Thank you for this information. Yes,

it does look as though the wires go into the rear cap.  I’d love to be able to look inside there to see where exactly the 10/2 Romex goes.  Maybe I’ll get lucky while installing the dryer vent into and down from the area below the panel, using my Ryobi inspection scope to look around.  🤞🏻  I’ll post whatever I find.

John

3 hours ago, Ray Davis said:

On my 03 Windsor PST I developed an elect problem of no power to my kitchen slide.  Using my tone wire tracer didn't help much as I detected signal everywhere.   I tore into junction boxes, receptacles, and cabinets searching for an open circuit or whatever.   It wasn't until I realized my TV wasn't working and decided to look into it that I realized that my power went first to the front cap ( TV ) then over to the pass side and finally to the slide.  What the xxxx , who would run a circuit that way and why would they do that.   Well Monaco did and I suppose they had a reason but it sure seemed counterintuitive to me.    I found the problem behind my front TV in a junction box for several circuits up front.  I believe now that since all junctions must be accessible, Monaco decided this was the best us of wire and fewer junctions.

Interestingly an owner of a similar coach over on IRV2 was experiencing the same issue.  When I told him what I found he was able to repair his too, right in the same area, junction box behind the TV.

Ray, 

Thank you.  I’m glad you were able to find a solution.  Since my breaker panel is in the rear bathroom roadside, and the inverter is in the rear-most cubby curbside (below the tub/shower) I rather doubt the 10/2 Romex made the 90’ round trip.  I’ll keep looking.

John

Guest Ray Davis

John,    The gist was to not assume where the wire goes.

I didn't intend to imply your wire went up front like mine did.  

Have fun  LOL

23 hours ago, Larry Laursen said:

Larry,

I appreciate the time you took to share your information with me.  My 120VAC including the 30A 10/2 Romex do go into the rear cap cavity.  Any idea how to find out which way it goes from there?  I doubt it goes in any frame rails, since the Romex goes UP from the inverter through the top of the inverter cubby in the area of the outer wall.

John

In the rear passenger side compartment where the inverter is located, there is a black plastic cover mounted to the back wall and ceiling.  Remove this cover and you should see a number of components including the starting and pre-heat relays.  It also covers an access opening that the wires go out to the chassis.  I haven't checked for the 120 volt wires on the inverter but they may go through the opening.  It' been long time since I have had it off.