RVA Hydraulic/Manual 3Point Jacks refuse to lower

Am looking for some sage advise as to how to proceed to find cause and fix what is causing my leveling jacks not to desend and level. I have 2004 Doplomat 40'PDQ,with RVA 3 point jack system Manual leveling hydraulic system. With ignition in position to operate jacks the switch panel to operate jacks lights up properly but when I push to operate I do not get the familiar sound of the pump working and nothing happens. I have checked the fuses in FRB with volt meter and all seem to be good. It seems like I am missing a fuse somewhere...is there possibly an "in-line" fuse that I haven't found? I get no sounds from @solinoids/hydraulic resevoir when switches are activated,however when I press switch and observe battery guage in hall I can see drop in voltage when switch is activated,telling me switch is working?? Any and all suggestions will be welcome,this is first time of any problems with these jacks other than ocassionally adding fluid to the reservoir! Thank you in advanse for your input!

Bruce E.Crocker

2004 Diplomat 40' PDQ ISC-330

Bruce, I had a similar problem that I traced to an in line fuse next to the pump/solenoid in the rear of my coach. I looked at the fuse repeatedly and it looked good but in the end it turned out to actually be open. Wasted a lot of time for no good reason.

• 1 month later...

Dwight L., sorry for the delay in getting back to you in referance to to the great help you provided on my RVA Jacks not working. Dwight the document referance you sent me was priceless! Had alot of usefull info to help to one to understant the workings of the system and pic's to identify what it was I was looking for to trace/test etc.Also want to thank all who offered helpfull advise as to how to trace problem,really appreciate the help.Now just for what it is worth I want to report for possible other members bennefit  what we did and discovered on our quest to fix it! After much digging and tracing various wires to see if were operable and checking all of those 5-pin relays etc. After diving into the panel next to drivers seat where all transmission console etc is located and removing cup-holder and jack's keypad tried locating the relay which was apparently tied into this problem,it was one hot mess of wire looms some appeared to be secured to floor or were just plain out of reach to follow without pulling top of console off. (my good friend Ken W. AKA"Grampy OG" @this site.) has a much better understanding of electrical stuff than I and was very instrumental in tracing the problem.It appeared that the relay that we located sitting on the bottom of the enclosed console,appeared to have a problem with Blue wire I believe it was terminal 86 of that relay did not have sufficient ground to operate correctly.Becauce of the impossible location of where that loom of wire went and it's inaccesibility w/o tearing intotop console we decided (after testing and proving it was the culprit,installed a new ground wire ,drilled through floor and grounded it to the electrical panel in the front run bay under drivers seat. It appears to be working very well so far! Never was able to find "mystery-fuse"that was supposto be by rear pump area! Once again this forum has proven to be priceless with the accumulation of knowledge and sharring that the members do to help one another! Thank's again for your input! This Coach reminds me of the nursery rhyme about the Little Girl.".when she was good she was very,very good...when she was bad she was Horrid!" She is Very very good again!

Bruce E.Crocker

2004Diplomat40'PDQ    

• 2 years later...

I'm having some issues with my RVA hydraulic jacks.  The jacks work intermittently.  I can press a button and hear a sound, but not the usual high pitched pump sound.  If I hold the switch for a couple seconds.... sometimes the sound changes and the jack starts to move.  All three jacks work sometimes and don't work sometimes.  Anyone have an idea if there is a central control or something that would cause intermittent operation?  I did stick the tank and the fluid level seems to good.  There is no usual bong sound.  Suggestions anyone?

Jim, you probably have a control box (maybe in the battery cabinet) (sometimes combined with original solar controller) about 12" by 8". Inside the box you will find a small circuit board that has a single automatic resettable breaker and some plug in relays. The circuit warms up (measures circuit amperage) when you move the slides and senses the current increase when you're slide hits either the in or out stops and cuts the voltage to the slide motors. That circuit heating can either cause the resettable breaker to go bad or the connections for the breaker to expand and not make good contact with the breaker. 

That's what usually causes intermittent operation like you describe. If it's the expanded connections to the breaker you can simply squeeze them closed a bit with plyers and you're good as new, for awhile, (not a great design, but it works!

Good luck!