Electronic door locks codes reversed

daveyjo

I replaced my electronic door lock circuit board a couple of years ago, and it worked fine.  I think the brand was Essex.  Two days ago, it decided my unlock code locked my doors, and my lock code unlocked them.  Weird.  Does the same thing whether I manually enter the code or I use the push button remote controller.  Anybody encounter this or know how to fix it?

Dave Jones

2005 HR Scepter

Guest Cruzbill
17 hours ago, daveyjo said:

I replaced my electronic door lock circuit board a couple of years ago, and it worked fine.  I think the brand was Essex.  Two days ago, it decided my unlock code locked my doors, and my lock code unlocked them.  Weird.  Does the same thing whether I manually enter the code or I use the push button remote controller.  Anybody encounter this or know how to fix it?

Dave Jones

2005 HR Scepter

You can try to re-align the framastat bearing.....(!) Just kidding.

Have you tried to re-program the keypad with your favorite code? 

19 hours ago, daveyjo said:

Dave Jones

2005 HR Scepter

Sounds like a complete reset of the door lock system is in order. You should remove all power from the lock system for a few minutes (door lock itself and any other associated "electronic box", then power it back up and follow the manufacturers procedure for resetting it - should be the same as a new install. You will probably lose all your previous coding so make sure you have the information, including manufacturers default codes, beforehand so you can input it again.

-Jamie

Thanks for the responses. 

So, I contacted Essex about my door lock issue, and got this response this morning:

Two wires go from the relays to the spring loaded contacts on the door frame.  If those get reversed it will work the way yours is.  Was there any work done on the wiring or the door/frame?

John  (jechols@keyless.com)

Of course, it turns out I caused it.  I turned the door switch over because the rubber rain deflector had gotten smashed on one side and I was trying to get it back in shape.  Never connected the two events!  Hope that is my worst error on this trip!