Latch Parts for Passenger side window ( 07 Diplomat SKQ)

All,

Trying to find replacement latch parts for Passenger window latch mechanism ends (window next to door). The tangs on both sides were broken off when we bought MH about 1.5 yrs ago. As the window closed and sealed (just not latch), it was not on the priority fix list.

I could not find a part number listed on mechanism.

I searched Amazon, PDXrvwholesale & Veurink's with no luck. Any other sources out there to try??

Thanks in advance.
Mark

psngr window latch_3.jpg

psngr window latch_2.jpg

window latch_5.jpg

You can try Northwest RV Supply, Eugene, OR 541.746.9092.  REV Group Speciality Vehicles, they now own and build Monaco Coaches,  Or  Duncan Systems Talk to Sue Phillips 574.294.6852.   That would be the contacts that I would use.

On 5/20/2021 at 9:39 AM, pacecar said:

You can try Northwest RV Supply, Eugene, OR 541.746.9092.  REV Group Speciality Vehicles, they now own and build Monaco Coaches,  Or  Duncan Systems Talk to Sue Phillips 574.294.6852.   That would be the contacts that I would use.

Steve... thanks for input.  I have tried those resources - no luck.   I posted on another website on issue - someone there stated they had same problem & could not find replacement. 

Think my next option  - will reach out to salvage yards and see what charge will be for the latch mechanism...  I saw a few photos of intact windows so it should be a simple removal and shipment. 

I would not bother trying to find direct replacements... I have repeated problems with the wire that moves the locking tab coming off and it’s a pain to get it back on. I would replace with 2 of these simple sliding locks... a little harder opening and closing but not going to break. You will have to decrease/ grind the end so it will fit in the track and drill a second screw hole.

2FD3C8AF-F866-4005-AF7C-CC4D2AC92C22.jpeg

Edited by Ivylog

22 hours ago, Ivylog said:

I would not bother trying to find direct replacements... I have repeated problems with the wire that moves the locking tab coming off and it’s a pain to get it back on. I would replace with 2 of these simple sliding locks... a little harder opening and closing but not going to break.

Dick.... thanks for suggestion. Will look into this option.

R/Mark

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, mandms59 said:

Steve... thanks for input.  I have tried those resources - no luck.   I posted on another website on issue - someone there stated they had same problem & could not find replacement. 

Think my next option  - will reach out to salvage yards and see what charge will be for the latch mechanism...  I saw a few photos of intact windows so it should be a simple removal and shipment. 

If you haven't found or replaced the latches with something else I have made these. Just let me know. You can see pictures of them under my post.