Delayed in Elkhart

We arrayed in Elkhart on July 10 for an 8:00 Monday morning appointment at Elkhart Sales and Service to have some fiberglass repairs, pealing clear coat repainted and the rear of the coach repainted. The job was scheduled to be done by Friday, so 4 nights in a motel. As not expected, the rear painting turning out to be a bigger job that planned so it wasn't quite finished by Friday evening. The crew came in Saturday morning to finis it up so we could have the coach Saturday afternoon and not hae to spend the week end in the motel. Certainly above the average concern for the customer. 

I should add that the quality, and appearance of the paint and fiber glass work is excellent. The color match is perfect.

As we left ESSI and headed to the local campground for a couple of days of catchup of laundry and other chores, one of the radiator hoses decided to fail and start leaking coolant.  After 4 days in the campground, I had stopped in at the local truck dealer, "truckcentersinc.com", who services the Detroit engines to get the coolant leak. I was surprised, they took us right in the shop and found the failed hose with in 10 minutes. Turns out this was a special hose 90 Deg. elbow that was 2" on one end and reduced to 1.5" on the other end.  There was none to be had in the area so they had to have one shipped in. We spent the night in their lot. The new hose  arrived and we were back on our way by 9:00am.

Truck Services in Elkhart is a first class operation and is th Freightlinner dealer in Elkhart.

Chet P

2004 Monaco SIG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Chet P said:

We arrayed in Elkhart on July 10 for an 8:00 Monday morning appointment at Elkhart Sales and Service to have some fiberglass repairs, pealing clear coat repainted and the rear of the coach repainted. The job was scheduled to be done by Friday, so 4 nights in a motel. As not expected, the rear painting turning out to be a bigger job that planned so it wasn't quite finished by Friday evening. The crew came in Saturday morning to finis it up so we could have the coach Saturday afternoon and not hae to spend the week end in the motel. Certainly above the average concern for the customer. 

I should add that the quality, and appearance of the paint and fiber glass work is excellent. The color match is perfect.

As we left ESSI and headed to the local campground for a couple of days of catchup of laundry and other chores, one of the radiator hoses decided to fail and start leaking coolant.  After 4 days in the campground, I had stopped in at the local truck dealer, "truckcentersinc.com", who services the Detroit engines to get the coolant leak. I was surprised, they took us right in the shop and found the failed hose with in 10 minutes. Turns out this was a special hose 90 Deg. elbow that was 2" on one end and reduced to 1.5" on the other end.  There was none to be had in the area so they had to have one shipped in. We spent the night in their lot. The new hose  arrived and we were back on our way by 9:00am.

Truck Services in Elkhart is a first class operation and is th Freightlinner dealer in Elkhart.

Chet P

2004 Monaco SIG

A great 👍 and positive story for once 

Reported,  Thank you 😊

The attached files are the coach in prep at Elkhart Sales and Service, and the finished coach at a campground. The rear cap was done, both colors. You can see how good the color match is since the bottom color on the slide is the original. The top cap color was redone all around the whole coach since the clear coat had pealed in the front and on the sides. There were two 14" tears in the fiberglass right on each side of the exhaust pipe. The repair of these was perfect so you can't tell it ever happened.

Chet P

2004 SIG Castle IV

Edited by Chet P

I don;'t know why the photos didn't load. I click on "ATTACH"  after choosing the files, the upload bar progress, I click insert, and nothing happens.

Chet P 

Edited by Chet P