Solenoid for the ignition switch

On our 2000 Monaco Diplomat the relay is located in passenger side rear compartment. It is behind a black plastic panel held in by 12 or 13 screws. Panel is located above inverter/charger. Our Diplomat was built at the HR factory, so might be different if your rig was built in Oregon. 

Image is defective relay from our rig. And mounting area of relay with cover removed.

Pat C

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Bingo!  Found them.  Thanks Pat C

Next question

How do I determine which one is for the ignition?

Here's a picture of the setup.  Unfortunately I can not remove the covering all the way at this point since they decided to run a ground wire through the plastic cover.  I need to figure our where it's attached or cut it and put a wire nut on it.

image.thumb.png.b3aff274e967203849d990fd89236de4.png

5 hours ago, mrbill1951 said:

Bingo!  Found them.  Thanks Pat C

Next question

How do I determine which one is for the ignition?

Here's a picture of the setup.  Unfortunately I can not remove the covering all the way at this point since they decided to run a ground wire through the plastic cover.  I need to figure our where it's attached or cut it and put a wire nut on it.

image.thumb.png.b3aff274e967203849d990fd89236de4.png

I'd just slit the plastic and slip it off that ground wire.

Put a meter or a 12v test light between the small trigger wire on each relay and ground, and have someone switch the ignition switch on and off.

Bill

Here is Rodgers White https://www.supplyhouse.com/White-Rodgers-120-105851-Solenoid-w-Normally-Open-Continuous-Contact-Rating-100-Amps-12-VDC-Grounded-Coil. I'd call https://www.supplyhouse.com/White-Rodgers at 888-757-4774 and inquire about difference. The above link and Amazon site both parts as listed. 

Good idea to swap now.

Pat

• 9 months later...

Just returned from a 500 mile trip without any issues with the coach dying. I replaced the  ignition switch, ignition solenoid and fuses.  Don't know for sure what the issue was, but one of these items fixed it and they were cheap.

Thanks for everyone's input and advise.

Bill