Basic Air Throttle Conversion Kit

We now have available, the first four (4) Basic Air Throttle Conversion Kits for a Cummins, mechanical, C8.3 engine.

These kits consist of Air Cylinder Bracket, TPS Bracket, Throttle Cable Bracket and hardware, new Throttle Lever and hardware and detailed installation instructions.

All other components must be purchased locally; Foot Throttle, Air Cylinder, Air Lines and other miscellaneous items as required.

Please contact me if interested in more information.

We are NOT a commercial company, just two guys trying to help the RV Community with the problem of dead or dying King Control throttle systems.

Best wishes,

• Like 2

Charles, I have purchased the TPS, Williams slave cylinder and foot throttle pedal. I would need your mounting brackets for these parts and directions for installation.

Ive had these parts in anticipation of installation, but not much help from these vendors. Please send me your phone number so I may purchase some of your parts.

Thank you

Marty K

bighillsmarty@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: Air Throttle Conversion Kit

Only ten (10) kits have been manufactured and four (4) remain available.

Due to varying installations, the Throttle Cable has been deleted from the kit, but easily obtained from several sources.

Price of the kit has been reduced to reflect this change.

Sell Doc V3.pdf

Edited by CRY1942
Update attachement

• 1 month later...

The first ten (10) Air Throttle Conversion Kits have been sold.

Feedback on the base kit has been positive, thanks to all.

Currently getting bids from machine shop for ten more sets.

Unfortunately prices keep going up, especially for steel parts.

As a reminder, this is for mechanical Cummins diesels only.

Anyone interest in information, feel free to contact me.

Best wishes and Travel safe.

• 4 weeks later...

Ten more Air Throttle Bracket Kits are now available.

Air Cylinder (1), Throttle Cable (3), TPS Bracket (2), Throttle Cable Clevis (5), Throttle Lever (4), Springs (6) and Botls (7&8).

For Cummins, mechanical, C8.3 engines to replace King Control Throttle.

Basic Kit Parts.png

Edited by CRY1942
Label Parts

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have an immediate need for parts and information to convert my 98 Monoco with C8.3L mechanical diesel.  King controls dead - running a clothesline throttle cable 😢.    Any advice or kits available for a desperate RVer?

David Leckie

dwleckie@cox.net

18 hours ago, dwleckie said:

I have an immediate need for parts and information to convert my 98 Monoco with C8.3L mechanical diesel.  King controls dead - running a clothesline throttle cable 😢.    Any advice or kits available for a desperate RVer?

David Leckie

dwleckie@cox.net

Try messaging Charles at CRY1942 above, he's the one organizing the air throttle replacement kits.

Does your cruise control still work, but not the throttle itself?  You might try taking the King Control box into an electronics repair shop to see if they can fix it.  Also, try tracing the connectors from the throttle to the box, could be a corroded or otherwise lose or damaged connector issue relatively easily resolved.

On 9/29/2022 at 3:38 PM, dwleckie said:

Thank you.   I have sent an email to him as well.    The servo in the King is shot.   I’m planning for the air throttle with an aftermarket cruise control I bought on Amazon.  

What cruise control did you order from Amazon?

22 minutes ago, lusgi said:

What cruise control did you order from Amazon?

I bought the Rostra 250-1223 control, the Rostra 250-3592 dash mount switches and the Rostra 250-4165 VSS magnetic speed pulse generator kit for the control.  All in was about $400.