Step strip replacement.

Last month while exiting my coach I forgot to pick up my feet, (just had a knee replaced) and tripped on the plastic floor piece at the top of the stairs. Fortunately I did not fall but I did damage the piece of plastic that goes across the step. It's the transition piece over the tile entry to the steps. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow. My question is, if you know what I'm talking about, where can I get a replacement piece ???? TIA ...Dennis

Guest Timothy

Dennis, I tiled our entry steps a couple of years ago, also replaced the ugly  monaco carpet, I bought 2 pieces of the floor transition to step moulding from monaco, REV, in Indiana. I think it came in 6 foot lenths. Maybe they still have some. Tim 2007 Camelot

Thank you. Now that I know what it's called, I can order one. If I can find the replacement AND stores open up again.  With the stay at home order in place we can't get the parts we need to fix the things we now have time for. :).....Dennis

IMG_0136.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

Well, no one had a replacement stair nose, sooooooo on the advice of my wife, I modified what I had. I ordered a replacement part from MD Supply via Amazon. This was a vinyl strip instead of the hard plastic. Using a sharp blade, I cut off the bad part of the original nosing across it's entire length. I then modified the MD part to match that which I had cut off. I then glued the new strip in place with some construction adhesive from Liquid Nails. Finally, I put the original modified part back in place. I'm happy with the result. Only time will tell if it holds up to the wear and tear of the step. Here's the final result...Dennis

IMG_5312.jpg

• Thanks 2