looking for Norcold 1200 optical panel from front

joefromperry

For all those who have or are pitching their Norcold 1200 refrigerators, I'm looking to replace my optical control board from the front. Although mine works fine, some of the LED sections on the diagnostic don't light up. Anyone have one I could take off their hands? Thanks. I'm cross-posting this in hopes of finding one cheap.

norcold control.jpeg

Joe, I don't have a display for you but many times you can cure this missing element issue by slightly moving the display glass relative to it's connections. If you aren't good with small electronics  things like this you might try a fix-it place that does things like cellphone repair. They probably know how to fix these.

Joe, I hope this helps.

Since the Norcold 1200 now has some age on it, it is probably a liquid crystal display (LCD). The LCD glass is typically connected to the display electronics by a flexible connection that looks like a simple strip of rubber. That strip of rubber has electrical connections that get sandwiched between the glass and the circuit board. Due to changing temperature effects or some banging around the glass or the circuit board are subject to getting misaligned and that causes some elements to stop working. Realignment of the glass and circuit board fixes this. This is a simple procedure once device is disassembled. The hard part will likely be powering up the display while you realign the glass. If I were trying to do this I would try to leave it connected to the fridge while working on it.

-Jamie

Joe, these look like LED segments rather than the LCD version I talked about before. You have probably lost parts of the LED segments. You should be able to buy replacement segments online and solder in, or have someone solder in new ones. I don't have a known source but suggest you search Amazon for "led number segments". There are many available there that likely match yours.