Slide out adjustment top of slide not sealed

I recently had my slides adjusted by Dusty while at Talin RV. I have one Passenger side slide that despite multiple attempts to adjust I get a leak at the back top for about 3-4 feet. Dusty said that some slides, especially on older rigs, have taken a set over time and use and either the whole or the box is slightly out of square. He also said that this may have existed since manufacture. In any rate his solution was to place a length of "D" gasket (such as Steele Products # 70-3677-265: https://www.steelerubber.com/ribbed-hollow-bulb-70-3677-265) and apply it to the back of the inside trim so it will seal against the slide seal wiper. I have not had a chance to try this yet but if that does not work my plan "B" is to attach a length of 1-1/2" aluminum angle to the back side of the existing 5/8"  aluminum angle (OEM) that the slide seal is suppose to seal against when open.

Adjusting slides can cause the paint patterns to be out of alignment if the slide was out of alignment at the time the patterns were created. This has nothing to do with the two solutions I noted above. These assume alignment was attempted and still did not solve the air leak problem when the slide is deployed.