Name that Petcock

Any idea what this is on my Neptune?  Upper drain for something.  Can't tell if it's water or coolant that comes out. Haven't dug too deep but seems too high up for anything coolant.  

20230514_084141.jpg

1 hour ago, Trinidaddave said:

This is the drain for your roof air conditioner.

After really getting deep in there....it looks like a fuel bleed?? Definitely connected to engine tubing. 

My Cayman has same setup.  It’s for your cooling system. 
It comes in quite handy when draining and filling the cooling system.  Allows air in to help drain, while also allowing air out when filling. 

Edited by BradHend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BradHend said:

My Cayman has same setup.  It’s for your cooling system. 
It comes in quite handy when draining and filling the cooling system.  Allows air in to help drain, while also allowing air out when filling. 

Thanks,  I figured it out once I looked again.  That means I have more hoses to change! 

8 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Are you talking about this thing?     image.png.6fe60669ca68b75316a1a7d20b084171.png

Yes that's the petcock I was referring to.  It is for the cooling...its an air bleed and I'd connected to the bypass circuits. It's fed by 3/8" heater hose with Parker style barb fittings. All of these are pressure and adds to the bill when a complete hose job is in process.  

Guest Ray Davis
4 hours ago, Agpopp said:

Yes that's the petcock I was referring to.  It is for the cooling...its an air bleed and I'd connected to the bypass circuits. It's fed by 3/8" heater hose with Parker style barb fittings. All of these are pressure and adds to the bill when a complete hose job is in process.  

Thanks Andrew,  I don't believe I have seen one like that before.