Water coming from Aqua Hot

Why would there be water coming out the hole where the aqua hot exhaust comes through the floor of the basement ?

Because the older Aqua Hot design has the fresh water copper piping wrapped around the outside of the boiler tank.  The lower tubing is only an inch from the exhaust port and they develop leaks.  

Sorry.  I just replaced our boiler. 

8 minutes ago, vito.a said:

Because the older Aqua Hot design has the fresh water copper piping wrapped around the outside of the boiler tank.  The lower tubing is only an inch from the exhaust port and they develop leaks.  

Sorry.  I just replaced our boiler. 

I hate to ask how my are we talking about. 

44 minutes ago, Bob Blackmon said:

Prior to new boiler panic, with the unit running, determine if it's hot or cold water.

It’s warm, not hot  like comes out of the faucet 

Make sure you also check your hose reel for leaks if it's in the same compartment.  

This is a link to the thread I posted on replacing the boiler.  If you do the work yourself you can cut the cost in half.  And the good news is the Aqua Hot works so much better with the new style boiler.  

At the bottom is a picture of the old style boiler with the external fresh water copper pipe around the outside of the boiler.  You can see the copper pipe near the exhaust port is exposed to outside air and can easily freeze. 

Old boiler bottom picture.jpg