Drop Down TV removal and/or hook up

I hope this is a fairly easy question.  I have the motorized drop down TV and it appears that the DVD player has come unhooked.... I can see the wires dangling inside.  To get to the wires on the back of the TV do you just remove the little decorative plugs and there is a screw underneath?  I do plan to eventually replace that TV with something else, so I'm going to need to figure out how you unbolt it from the drop down mechanism.  Again, I hope this is just as easy as pulling off the plugs and taking out screws that hold a panel on.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

On my ceiling mount drop-down TV, I found it easiest to take the top screws (under the decorative buttons) out while it was still in the UP position.  When lowered, you can't reach the top screws.  Then I partially lowered it, so all the weight of the back panel (the panel you see when the TV is UP) was not on the screws.  Be careful, that is one big honkin piece of sheet metal - not lightweight plastic.  Another reason for partially lowering is I could us my head to help support the weight as I unscrewed the bottom (closest to the floor when in the DOWN position).  Of course, if you have an assistant, that would be better.

Once you remove the back panel, you can see the "frame" that supports the TV.  You should not have to do any further disassembly.  You should be able to see the cables connection to the TV without removing the TV itself.  

-Rick N.

Thanks, Rick.  I thought it was something fairly simple as I could not figure any other way to mount the TV in there, but I hated to pry those decorative pieces off if I didn't need to.  I've had issues with those things in the past not going back on very well.  I'll give it a go tomorrow.  Thanks again! 

Jim