Dash rpm air pressure gauge not working

Went to bring home the Dynasty to get ready for a trip and the rpm air pressure gauge is acting up. When I turn the key all the gauges go through there start up procedure and the rpm air gauge works for about 30 seconds then starts doing the start up procedure non stop. All the other gauges work fine. Aladdin is showing correct information on rpm but I have no way of monitoring air pressure. I have found some recent gauge problems but not quite like mine. I disconnected the chassis battery leads for about an hour but that didn’t work. I pulled off the dash cover looking for loose wires and I’m pretty sure I have the Actia gauges. The only thing I did recently was add the BlueFire system so I’m not sure how that did anything.

08396ACE-D36E-4854-93C6-5CC8792EB767.jpeg

Thanks John, I shut everything down and disconnected the BlueFire dongle and it’s still doing the same thing. When I was setting it up I picked the J1939 bus since I have a 2006 and I was trying to see if it could read the air pressure on the app but it wouldn’t so I also enabled the J1708 bus. It said to do that to see if you get more data but it still didn’t pick up any new information so I put it back on the J1939 bus. I don’t know if even the BlueFire has anything to do with it but it does seem strange it started doing this right after. If it is the BlueFire I’m not sure of another way to reset the ecm. Like I said I disconnected the chassis battery cables and let it sit about an hour no joy

1 minute ago, Georgia Mike said:

Thanks John, I shut everything down and disconnected the BlueFire dongle and it’s still doing the same thing. When I was setting it up I picked the J1939 bus since I have a 2006 and I was trying to see if it could read the air pressure on the app but it wouldn’t so I also enabled the J1708 bus. It said to do that to see if you get more data but it still didn’t pick up any new information so I put it back on the J1939 bus. I don’t know if even the BlueFire has anything to do with it but it does seem strange it started doing this right after. If it is the BlueFire I’m not sure of another way to reset the ecm. Like I said I disconnected the chassis battery cables and let it sit about an hour no joy

I have a 2006 Dynasty with an ISL400 and my settings use the J1708 bus. I tried J1939 and lost some data points.  I have ACTIA guages which one failed and they were able to rebuild it.  I would contact ACTIA for assistance.   Call David Lindenlaub 574-266-2610 at ACTIA.  He helped me.  

Thanks John, that’s strange that you are using the J1708 bus I thought that 06 made in 05 would be on the newer bus. Anyways thanks for the information I will give David a call. I’m not sure it’s a gauge problem or feed problem. I have unplugged all the connections to the gauges and they all seem good no corrosion and all connections are solid. Another thing I remembered is when I stated it I don’t remember hearing the low air pressure alarm but I’m going to double check that.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted David Lindenlaub at Actia and he was very helpful troubleshooting and giving me lots of information about the gauge. He was 99% positive it was the gauge. He forwarded the information to Michelle a technician there and she told me basically they can’t do anything for me. She didn’t offer to fix it or anything. She told me to check Northwest RV supply and they had one gauge in stock for $100 so I ordered it so hopefully this will fix the problem. Northwest RV seems to be a good source for some parts.

3 hours ago, Georgia Mike said:

I contacted David Lindenlaub at Actia and he was very helpful troubleshooting and giving me lots of information about the gauge. He was 99% positive it was the gauge. He forwarded the information to Michelle a technician there and she told me basically they can’t do anything for me. She didn’t offer to fix it or anything. She told me to check Northwest RV supply and they had one gauge in stock for $100 so I ordered it so hopefully this will fix the problem. Northwest RV seems to be a good source for some parts.

Several folks have been down this path with ACTI...and I did a lot to help a buddy (new to him 2007 Dynasty)  last year.  His was a bit different.  His gauges would all come on.  He had only ONE that was an issue.  I can't remember if his was part of the Cluster with the Tach.  What he found was that it was a "Transducer" issue...and many have had that same issue.  Gauges power on...up...and then drop back.  He had one "Front" that was OK...but the Rear would drop back to zero.   Basically, what he found out was that it was the transducers themselves.  His 07 Dynasty was known for failed PCB or Transducers.  His ACTI system had the Transducers mounted or soldered onto the "main board".  ACTI USED to fix them.  He called ACTI and had all the "PN and Such" information.  From what he said, he was told...the Boards were discontinued or at least that design.  The tooling and the Contract Vendor (electronic assembly shop) has retooled and they (ACTI) had a quantity of the boards as well as the transducers and used to fix them...but NO MORE.  There was someone here that had a spare board but never responded when I tried to get the info.

Looked at the video....that looks more like a PCB issue....as in, there is a chip or connection that is bad.  I assume that you ordered the entire cluster....hope that fixes it.  I was told that each type of Gauge has a main "brain" and there is one master cluster.  The inputs all go to it.  Then the gauges are told what to read...

A well meaning tech appeared to have disconnected the audible alarm.  I am NO expert, but the PO had had several "fix it so it don't bug me" things done.  He did the complete Air Brake test and we pressure tested and did a decay.  His air system was FINE.  He had some leveling issues and drove to Josams.  I drew up a quick circuit.  Josams moved the air lines from the ACTI Transducers and "SPLIT" or T'ed them.  They put a 65 PSI pressure switch on each line and on the other side of the T, they hooked the line directly up to a Direct Reading AP digital gauge.  He opted for the DUAL display.  OPPS....99 PSI max.  BUT, he knows that he has at least 99 PSI and when he drains it, he gets an alarm. We tied both switches in parallel to the chime.  The only mod I would do would be to get two direct read gauges that went to 150 PSI or so...the company had a nice simple mount and two gauges looked great.  Now, neither of the Air Gauges register...but he doesn't get the alarm.

That's what I know.  We tried several of the "we fix your gauges", but the problem, as you see, is NOT the gauge...but the leaking transducers on the PCB or the brain.  Other manufacturers like Medallion, use replaceable or remote Transducers...so you can fix them.  NOT ACTI..

Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...